Thread: Can’t install HP Officejet 4500 in Windows 8

Can’t install HP Officejet 4500 in Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 in my computer after which the problems began in my computer. The major problem is that of HP Officejet 4500 printer not working in my PC. I have been trying to give the print command and nothing happens. The printer is detected by the computer but still doesn’t work properly. Does anyone else also see this problem in their computers?

Re: Can’t install HP Officejet 4500 in Windows 8

The printer not working is another common problem of Windows 8. It’s not just you who is complaining about it, there are many people who have noticed similar problems. My suggestion is that you should go in the settings of the HP Officejet 4500 printer and update the driver that it uses. I am sure that this issue is related because of incompatibility of the driver. Since the default drivers of this printer were meant to make it work in older operating systems, now they must not be compatible with Windows 8 which is leading to this problem.

If you update the drivers directly from the settings of the HP Officejet 4500 printer, then it might happen that drivers that are new will get updated. Chances of them being compatible with Windows 8 is less. So it is my suggestion that you yourself go on the website of HP and find appropriate driver for your printer and then install it in your PC. Also my suggestion is you first remove all the drivers for the printer from your PC and then install a fresh copy of the drivers. I think this will surely help you get the proper support for Windows 8 when using HP Officejet 4500 printer.

When you installed Windows 8 in your computer, did you have the printer plugged in the computer? If yes, then the problem is that Windows 8 has messed up with the drivers of the printer. Thing what happens is that when you install Windows 8, the installer detects every hardware attached to it. During this process, it searches for appropriate drivers. During this process, it tries to find the closest to the best driver and applies it in the system. Sometimes it succeeds, sometimes it fails. I think you should refresh Windows 8 in your computer with HP Officejet 4500 printer plugged out.