Thread: Logitech G600 mouse cursor moves across the screen very quickly

Logitech G600 mouse cursor moves across the screen very quickly

I have just brought the Logitech G600 mouse for my computer yesterday and I plugged it in today to use. I am using it since last two hours and I noticed that sometimes the movement speed of the mouse suddenly goes high. This happens many times when moving the mouse horizontally or vertically across the screen. There is a sudden boost in speed and then back to normal; can someone tell me what this problem can be?

Re: Logitech G600 mouse cursor moves across the screen very quickly

I too have noticed the same problem in the Logitech G600 mouse and I think that it exists in the entire mouse. It is very irritating and sometimes it can yield disastrous results. Just yesterday I was working on Photoshop and suddenly the problem occurred. The brush actually went across the screen, drawing a long line across the picture. This boost in speed of the mouse movements occurs even in the games. I was playing Max Payne 3 and while shooting, the mouse went vertically upwards resulting in random shooting across the room.

From the description of the problem it seems that the cause of this problem is either the gaming software that came along with it or maybe there is some fault in the firmware of the mouse. I suggest that you use the mouse after uninstalling the gaming software. The mouse will work on normal controls and the extra controls might not work with all the softwares. But at least it will confirm if the problem exists in the firmware of the mouse or the gaming software of the Logitech G600 mouse. Just reading he posts gives me idea of how bad your situation must be.

You can send your problem to Logitech so that they will be analyze the problem. Also check the behavior of the mouse on various USB ports in your computer. Maybe it might be affecting the working of the mouse. I hope that the Logitech finds solution to rectify this problem and brings out some patch or upgrade that will help solve this problem. If this problem is not solved in time, I suggest that you get the mouse in RMA.