Thread: Logitech G700 LGS Support

Logitech G700 LGS Support

I have recently purchased Logitech G700 for purpose of gaming. I can’t afford high end gaming mouse, but this is the basic one. It was named as the gaming mouse, but actually it had just the basic controls and the basic functionality of the gaming mouse. It didn’t even have the Logitech’s gaming mouse software that we can use to bind the extra keys for certain shortcuts. I am really disappointed because of this missing software. What do other people who use this gaming mouse feel about it?

Re: Logitech G700 LGS Support

I too feel that the Logitech G700 is an incomplete product; I mean they should have given us the Logitech Gaming software with it. Though they have added some extra buttons to it, they haven’t provided us with the software that will let us have combination of various key binded into one single key of the mouse. I think that Logitech shouldn’t have released this mouse as a gaming mouse if they wanted to give us such a disappointing product. This proves that Logitech wants to just make people spend large amount of money to get a complete gaming mouse.

I too think that it is completely wrong on the Logitech’s side. I mean if they couldn’t provide us with the proper software for this mouse, they shouldn’t have called this as a gaming mouse. Without Logitech Gaming Software, we cannot bind the keys for certain game as we need to. If the game has feature to recognize the gaming mouse and its extra keys, then only this mouse is useful for gaming. Otherwise, the games only recognize the basic three keys of the mouse. Also the extra keys are not of much use for any other software.

Bringing out the Logitech Gaming software after this many days of the mouse’s release will be difficult for the developers. Developers would have already moved on to some new project and must have closed down the development for Logitech G700. I think if Logitech wants to bring out some new software, then they will have to assemble the old team which was involved in it. Then again study the working and built of the mouse. I think that this whole thing will be irritating as well as expensive for the developers at Logitech. Also it is not practical to go back to the old product which has already been fully developed. So I don’t think that there are any chances of any Gaming Software coming out for Logitech G700.

I don’t think that even if you send any request to Logitech for a Gaming Software to be developed for Logitech G700 will ever be accepted. The mouse does its main purpose without the use of gaming software. There are no bugs or problems with this mouse that hamper the use of this mouse in any way. So you cannot complain about anything. I think if someone has good knowledge of developing softwares that will directly affect some hardware and its working, then that person should develop the software as the third party application for Logitech G700.