Thread: What is the difference between a gaming cpu case and regular

What is the difference between a gaming cpu case and regular

Number of time I had seen people talk about gaming cases. I am going to build up my gaming pc soon. I had made a list of everything. But on the cpu case I am stuck with what to go for. There are two options. First to go for a gaming one that would add much to my cost and the second is the regular one which is much more cheaper. I need the exact difference and also want to know which will be better for future.

Re: What is the difference between a gaming cpu case and regular

There is a big different according to me. A gaming cpu case is robust and designed from a performance point. It has better interior with ample of storage space to addup multiple gpu and additional cooling support. While in the regular one you just get a standard psu.

If you are just talking about the case then there is different. As said above there are number of more things you find in a gaming case compared to the regular one. It is popularly called as tower case instead of cpu case. If you want to find more information then you have to search for best gaming tower case in Google. You can see some of the top brands offering you best design and output. Mostly ATX cabinets are find easily. They have a traditional design with mostly 250 to 400w psu in them. While a gaming system needs a bit higher than that. The reason is gpu, additional cooling, and if needed overclocking support. Some case are made up of flashy lights and design which is yet another complicated thing.

If you just want to see how a gaming tower looks like search for Antec Lanboy on the web. You can see some images that shows you a distinct design. It is a very costly model.There is quiet high space inside which can help you to add as many hard drives as you want. Also there are number of detachable components on the entire body.There are in total 11 drive bays inside the tower. Also it provides you upto 15 cooling fan support so that your system can stay cooler to maximum extent. Along with this the case also features liquid cooling support which is a wide choice for overclocking users. If you invest in such tower for once you do not need to wait for any upgrade in future.

It is right that if you buy a gaming cpu case one you do not require to worry about the upgrades. They are bigger with more fans inside them and additional front port usb connection. This are not found in regular case.

It mostly depend on your need. According to me spending a high amount on just a case is not worth if you need a regular gaming computer. Just do one thing, get any existing case in the market and add psu of 400w or above. You can buy a good cpu fan from web which can offer you more better cooling support compared to the existing stock fan. For gpu there is already a fan available. If you are planing to put more than 1GPU then you must think about the psu again. Most important part for a gaming cpu is the power supply and cooling support. It would not give you performance if you had worked on this before.

Another thing that is needed to take care list mostly for those who are willing to overclock their system or wants to add more than dual or triple gpu. At that setup ou need better connection and also enough space to fix it up. Do not buy a case that has flashy lights that would be useless. There are number of budget pc case that you can go for with enough storage space. There is no need to buy a unique design. All you can do to save some money is buy a system case completely with all hardware. You can check some of them at Dell Alienware. There are pre-assembled system with latest high end gpu, processor, ram, atleast 1Tb storage and liquid cooling support.

If you go for high end cpu case then that would be a bit costly to some extent. There are some decent case that can be used for gaming and I think you can find that. Just look for a mid range cpu case that will do.

In an gaming pc the cooling and psu are two most important thing that matters. Maximum system case comes with 400w psu and for above that you just need to pay a bit more higher amount. Gaming pc are bit different and are needed for high performance. You can look for some decent cabinets under ATX series which will offer you more support. Going for liquid cooling stuff is another complicated stuff. It is a bit not easy to manage. The ample of thing that you need to check while buying a case is adding more connectivity ports in the front. You can simply upgrade the existing case making up it better for gaming stuff. You just need to find the right additions.

You can add up some number of different things in the existing case making it a better component for gaming. There are number of cheap cabinets that you can go for. Thermaltake is another reputed brand in the market that offers you a number of better models available. You can find many cheaper and reliable case in that. If you need more lower range solution then you can look for Intex.

Just get a good decent case with enough cooling. There is non use of overloading your cpu case with tons of fans which will rise your system power requirement. Gaming pc is far more better in many cases. But yes they are too costly. They are larger in size which is not easy to move from one place to other. You can checkout some models on web which will give you a more general idea about the same.