Thread: Build up pc with Amd Fx 8120

Build up pc with Amd Fx 8120

Planing to build up a nice gaming pc with Amd Fx 8120 processor. Yet this looks to be the only better 8 core cpu in the market and I hope to get a best gaming output. I am willing to add atleast 8GB RAM on 64bit Windows 7 with dual nvidia gpu and widescreen monitor. I had made a list here with me.

I am looking for suggestion on number of things that I might have missed.

Re: Build up pc with Amd Fx 8120

You had mentioned nothing about the power supply unit. You need a good one in that. As per dual gpu support you have to ensure that the power supply should be atleast 700w or higher. There are number of nice brand available.

Amd Fx 8120 is a awesome processor offering a 8 core cpu support which can give you best performance. This would be a very costly setup so you have to get choose with every hardware. You had mentioned nothing about the gpu you are going to use. It looks you prefer to stick with nvidia. I have a short list of some the top cards that are popular this year and well recommended for gaming pc. You can choose any one of them. AMD excels in graphic performance to some extent. The cars that are best in Nvidia is Nvidia GeForce GTX 590, 580, 480 and 470.

You can add-up any two gpu together to get fetch the perfect graphics. The point for psu is right. It is necessary that you choose the right one or else your system performance might degrade. Amd Fx 8120 works on a new cpu architecture that boost up the performance at higher level. You can acquire a bit more with the help of Amd Turbo Core technology. It is a worth buying processor. Somehow you also need to find the right motherboard. There are two options here. Going for a standard model without overclocking and going for a pro edition with overclocking. If you go for overclocking stuff then you can get a high end board with more resistance ability. Overclocking depends on your choice. You can use the same in regular phone without the requiring to boost the core frequency.

My friend has a pc with that one. He fixed liquid cooling on the system case to make it a bit more comfortable for overclocking. I had noticed that it works well enough while gaming and gives optimum output.

I have a Intel Core i5-2500k cpu. I had made a comparison of this cpu with mine. I found that Intel Core i5 is much better in many cases. There is slight difference among the price. The 3rd generation processor today is capable of giving you much higher and better performance compared to other systems. For gaming you just does not need to depend on the cpu. You need a good graphic card and nice setup to make your system more reliable. My friend is using three Ati gpu on Crossfire and always complained about the temperature.

The setup is a bit complicated for multiple gpu's as the board that you are using must be appropriate in many cases. The reason can be poor power supply that might not provide a better power support making the gpu to heat up quiet fast. Second important thing in buying a assembled computer is the cpu case. The case must have enough ventilation and if it is loaded with a liquid cooler then would play a vital role in overclocking. System with high end hardware always face a issue with ppor power support. It makes the computer to perform at a very low rate. To some extent for better gaming stuff I do not really rely on AMD. I found the processing a bit lower compared to Intel. I had seen many benchmark report on the same which can provided the information.

For gaming stuff it is needed that everything must be properly balanced. According to me adding 8GB ram will not much help, but if you want to keep that. Second thing do not forget to add a good cpu fan. As mentioned above in many answers you need a good cooler.

When you are choosing a gpu do not forget to check the power requirement. That is the important part and it is quiet needed. There are low, mid and high range gpu available. You can buy the one which is quiet most preferable. Investing wisely is recommended. You had not mentioned about the exact model of your motherboard. That is the most important thing to check. Because mostly the performance lie on it. If you had everything new and the board has no capability to offer you better performance you might face poor output. Gigabyte and Asus both offer you high performance boards with USB 3.0 support. In Asus I found M4N98TD EVO as best for SLi usage.

It comes with Core unlocker and Turbo V setup that let you to perform more higher number of processing setup. And if you are looking for more better one specially for overclocking then going for ASRock Fatal1ty is one of the best I think. It is costly but offer you nice option for overclocking and performing a variety of options. It is a Intel X79 based motherboard.

If you are confirmed to buy Amd Fx 8120 then you must go for the exact chipset. Do not forget to check the compatibility thoroughly. It will be a issue for you if you find any of your hardware might not work well at some cases.

I have a gaming system. I am using single gpu and intel core i5 processor. When I play game the system temperature rises quiet instantly. Later on I added Corsair TX850w psu in my system. This psu is quiet recommended for gaming pc. It offers you more power and support. The psu features SLi/Crossfire support and is easy to configure.

It is a costly unit but quiet recommended. There are a ample of other cheaper brands that you can go for, but to some extent I will recommend you to see something under corsair series only. That will be quiet better I think.

If you had not decided for the cpu case then look something under CoolerMaster or Thermaltake. There are ample of gaming case available that you can go for. You can buy a ready to use kit with the same.