Thread: Samsung started selling 64GB MicroSD card

Samsung started selling 64GB MicroSD card

Samsung just announced a new 64GB microSD card. It is termed as a high speed card with number of enhancement compared to others. There are some existing brands in market by TranscenD and Sandisk. The cost lies between Rs.3500 to Rs.7000 depending the type of card.

So that looks really a very costly storage option. We can easily find a 4GB MicroSD card below Rs.500 so I would expect getting a 64GB @ 3000 to 4000. That would be enough I think. Samsung has not revealed the price yet. I will wait back to get positive review on the same.

Re: Samsung started selling 64GB MicroSD card

It will be much costlier I think. First of all if you are adding such a high storage in your smartphone, then your phone must have a powerful cpu to process that much data. I had seen in my tablet, after adding a 8GB external card it is not responding well.

That is right to some extent. This card are meant for high end cameras which operate on microSD storage. You can use them to capture high definition photos. But to some extent this type of cards are also helpful for video recording. I have a 8GB in my smartphone. The last expandable limit is 32GB. Then at that point getting this one is no worth for me. So to some extent this card becomes choice for those who's devices offers you storage of 64GB maximum. And there are only digital cameras which comes with type of specs. Traditionally we are not getting the regular 16GB on reasonable rate. I thought of getting one from my tablet pc. But yet worried about the performance. This devices have minimum hardware. Large amount of data needs more processing power and powerful apps which can list them.

I had notice one thing commonly in many devices that if you have a large storage and you keep on adding stuff it becomes slower. You cannot simply overload your system with that making it a bit uncomfortable to use. Forget about Android devices they are still in the development cycle. What is the exact transfer ration on this card provided and what type of devices it works on mostly in important part to figure. Do not blindly buy the card without checking the right specs.

I was screwed up one when I purchased a 16GB card for my smartphone. It was some Android device. It specs showed that the phone can support 32GB storage. I loaded the card with videos, music and photos. When I tap on file manager it take quiet a long time load.

This card is new and offer you better transfer ratio. If you check the specs in detail or read a review on web then you can find that it offers you a 80mb/s transfer rate. The process of copy paste inside a portable device and on a pc is entirely different. Somehow the phone might freeze or lag due to overloaded data. This is the limitation of operating system. Unlike pc you do not have page files in the small devices. So they cannot use the excess storage as ram boosting the performance. It relies only on the cpu.

And if you are trying to play a 1GB video in small Android apps they will either freeze or take a long time to load. The card is best for digital slr. They have high definition photos whose size goes in mbs. They can offer high storage option and as this card are provided by Samsung they are reliable. I had seen a short news where I found the card is specially designed for cameras. There were no information of using them in a tablet or smartphone. Soon we can hope to get better processing power in mobile phones which can get us a good amount of audio and video data.

I will skip this thing. I prefer to stick with a 16GB that would be enough. With nice enclosure it can act as a external storage device. But it is good to find that such high storage cards are appearing. I hope they are reliable.

Samsung has three series of card which is suitable for all type of devices. The first is standard edition where you can buy a 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB card. This cards features Class 4 and Class 6 specs. Both offers you transfer ration of 24mbps. The Plus edition offers 8GB, 16GB and 32GB cards. They are capable of giving you 48mbps of transfer speed and the last one is Pro edition which offer you 16GB, 32GB and 64GB of storage space. The maximum read speed here is around 80mbps and write speed is expected around 40mbps.

So there are choice available. You can choose the card which is suitable for your device. There are 4GB, 8GB variants also available for smartphone offering a better read and write speed. I am not sure about the prices but I am sure you will get a much better output on the same compared to others. This cards are designed from performance point of view giving you clear and best transfer output. I hope you can check out detailed information on the same on official site.

This cards are recommended for high end smartphone. But it is fine to have a 4GB or 8GB storage. This is quiet fine to some extent. I am willing to go for the 8GB one. Can anyone provide me the price of the same.

The 64GB card owns quiet a good specs. No one has discussed about the same. The card comes with SD 3.0 complaint and UHS104 standards. This things are yet not noticed. This offer you a double read speed compared to others. Also the card is quiet reliable which has a integrated Samsung controller.

This controller manages the transfer ration at a much faster rate. So for gaming or simply recording a hd video you do not need to carry big devices. You can hook the card in your digital camera or smartphone making it a reliable solution.

It is prefer if we can go with the standards edition that is 32GB which maximum devices support. Till yet I had not seen phones that says support for 64GB storage. You also forget one thing that if you are recording a hd video or playing your battery drains to fast. So you have high storage but very limited battery power.