Thread: What can be cost of budget 1000w psu

What can be cost of budget 1000w psu

I am willing to add a new 1000w psu on my system. I found some of them very costly. I am looking for a budget one. There is no way to find that on web, I hope there would be some models that comes at a good price range. I have a dual gpu system with multiple fans and 4 hard drive. My system is under performing. A friend suggested to check the psu.

I had use some tools to verify the proper voltage and found that is going to stop working soon. So it is better to go for a higher version instead of regular one.

Re: What can be cost of budget 1000w psu

Among other I found OCZ Fatal1ty as one of the most powerful psu in the market. I think you can find a good psu under $100-$150 is you are not brand specific. I will recommend you to search for OCZ Fatal1ty. This is quiet powerful and recommended for high end systems.

Corsair HX1000W is another one. It is not a budget psu, the price is between $250 to $300 (Rs.16000 approx). Even if you buy a cheaper brand there is no guarantee that it will perform well in future. First of all such a high power psu is really not required. I think in your system the best can be 700w. That is quiet more than enough. If you have are overclocking your system then to some extent getting a good psu is good for your pc. Under the list of 1000w there are rare chances of getting a budget psu. They are all costly. OCZ Fatal1ty is one of them. It is a powerful smps unit which offers you a robust design and longer support.

It works well and has nice performance reviews. OCZ also offers a psu above 1000w. The last that I had seen was around 12000w which is meant for servers and high end systems. Your system requirement rises as you keep on adding new stuff. Like you configure a liquid cooling support or multiple storage media. Also if there are extra led's or nas attached can demand for more power. 1000w psu is mostly recommended for triple gpu support. For dual gpu 700w is quiet enough according to me. This will also handle the regular overclocking process. OCZ Fatal1ty is 80Plus Gold Certified psu. So if you are willing to buy get a good brand which can work for longer time.

It is right, that if you are spending a good amount you get a good brand. There are ample of low budget psu that comes in 400w, 500w and 700w series. Try to find some of them. I think that might work.

A 1000w psu is not recommended for every system. You just have two gpus that you can hook on single psu cable. While 1000w comes with additional pins recommended for tri or quad gpu support. They offer high power usage for overclocking and other hardware. If you buy one of them and if you are not using then that is simply a waste of money. In my views I will recommend you to look between 600 to 700w. I think that will be quiet enough for you. And as per your question it does not looks that you are overclocking. If you reduce your limit more below to 400 to 500w then there are ample of decent models that you can go for.

The usage actually defines what amount psu you need. So in my views for dual gpu support staying with 600 to 700w is quiet enough. This psu is capable of giving you power for multiple gpu, overclocking and other stuff. It works fine with multiple storage's also. Somehow spending a high amount of 1000w is not useless unless you do not plan to use tri or quad gpu support. The maximum power is mostly consumed by the cpu itself at the time of playing games or overclocking. You can use a voltage meter in your system to determine what amount power requirement you have.

There are quiet less tools that offer you right voltage information. I had checked that. I am trying to find out my system voltage use from long time. I found that if you keep adding a new gpu the voltage need rises.

I hope to find a nice voltage calculator that can give atleast minimum usage. If you check your system hardware specification you can find relative information on the same. Like the cpu specs will tell the amount of voltage it will consume and on that basis you can choose a psu. The only time consuming issue is checking each usage one by one. Even in gpu specs you can find the default voltage usage. You can add the together and find what aspect ration you will need. According to me a dual gpu can work quiet fine on 700w psu.

There are some brands which offer you 800w also but they are quiet unique. They are not available everywhere. You can only find a budget psu in your local store while if you go for online and other stuff it will be a costlier options. You must also remember that if your existing psu is not capable of giving you enough power support then your hardware life can degrade. It is not possible to check that through a voltage meter or some app that can calculate the same.

1000w is recommended for 3 way or 4 way sli. And also for system which are runing high number of hardware. I am sure you do not need that. Just get a good regular psu that would be more than enough. You can find a reasonable product in Corsair.

I had a server at office has 700w psu. The system has 8GB ram with 2x1TB disc and dual gpu support. It works quiet well on Intel Core i5 processor. I had never seen the issue of under-performance what you are talking about. Our technician had told that we will only need a higher psu if we race the storage more or simply add more gpus. For regular operation this much is more than enough.

There are numerous products on web that gives you a traditional psu with 700 to 750w support. You can even buy them in your local shop.