Thread: Where to find some good washable keyboard for laptop

Where to find some good washable keyboard for laptop

I am looking for some good washable keyboard. Is there any. I want some models which are waterproof and washable. I had seen a model on ebay. I bought that and it was fake. It stopped working due to coffee split within a month. I am ready to pay a good amount of that, but not table to locate trusted brand on web. Thanks.

Re: Where to find some good washable keyboard for laptop

Go for Logitech K310 which comes for $39.99. This is a new washable keyboard which is recently announced. It has a powerful body which is water proof.

You can check the official site for more updates.

Logitech K310 is a new keyboard. It is designed waterproof. I had seen a demo video on web that showed the liquid test on it. Washable keyboards are quiet needful today. We never spend a good amount on computer accessories. Those are always ignored. But this type of hardware are one time purchase. They work for longer time and offers a robust body. Logitech K310 is washable. You can clean the keyboard by washing it with water. But you have to leave the keyboard for drying. It take quiet a long time for that. It is not recommended to use any sort of method to dry the keyboard. This is what it lacks.

If you ignore washable then there are number of waterproof keyboard that comes for cheaper rate. You can find a number of models on Amazon and Ebay. Waterproof keyboard are not washable, but they remain unaffected by liquid. In office this type of device much be a much. My keyboard was spoil due to tea. It creates a sticky stuff behind the keys which made is more irritating to use. I tried to wipe that with we cloth but some of the keys were damaged and they are not working. I have to get a new one. I bought from online. It is also a Logitech brand. There are small holes provided all over the body and keys are quiet different. If accidentally water splits it gets out from those small holes. In this way nothing is accumulated with can affect the hardware.

The keyboard which you are talking about is waterproof but that does not means you can use it anyway. It can also stop working due to liquid. Logitech make it washable so that you can clean it by dipping it inside water, and I am sure no one would like to do that.

I keep a small plastic cover on the keyboard. It is tightly fitted, so that we can type easily. Keyboards are spoil quiet fast. They might not work properly if liquid remains accumulated beneath for longer time. It affects the keyboard mostly. But today keyboard comes with plastic coating. This lies under the keys. There are less chances that liquid can enter inside. If you need really powerful keyboard then you have to search for rugged keyboard.

They are costlier then regular, but are designed to handle shock, water, heat, etc to some extent only. One of them is most commonly found. It is a plastic keyboard that you can roll and keep in your pocket. It comes for some $30 which is cheaper. I saw a person using it on tablet for typing. The keys were very light and sticky and I hope this would be a bit uncomfortable in usage. There are number of different brands on the web that offer you washable keyboard, but I am not sure whether they can be trusted or not. Seal-Sheild is one of them that offers you waterproof keyboard. You can visit their official site to collect more detailed information on the same.

If you need simple wireless washable keyboard then there is one you can buy. It is called as Menotek Bluetooth Mini keyboard. I saw this on Amazon. The price lies around $25 and you can simply roll it entirely and keep it in your bag.

Logitech is a trusted brand and when it offers you a washable keyboard then it simply means it is will not be affected by water. Washable does not means you have to wash your keyboard every week. You can use it still and if anyhow some liquid fells like coffee you can wipe this with a wet water. K310 is not released yet. It is just announced. The keyboard is expected to come in market at the October. Other than this there are very less manufacturers which offers you a good waterproof keyboard. You can try adding a small plastic coating on it. It is available at many places.

I sealed my keyboard with it. I used a blower to press the plastic firmly over the keys. I am wondering that there would be stores which can offers us keyboard laminating. That is actually the best way to protect it from liquid. I had seen many people doing that for their mobile devices.

In foldable keyboards you will surely face issue with typing. I have one. My laptop keyboard is not working so I purchased this one. I thought it would be easy for moving up. But it did not worked well. The typing is too complicated.

Seal-Sheild has many waterproof products. You can look for a keyboard or mouse. They are 100% washable. You can get a wifi keyboard or simply all in one with integrated mouse pad. The product offer by Seal-Sheild are quiet rugged and recommended for tough performance. The price lies above $100 for some products but they are worth buying. Under the series of true type keyboard you get one @ $45 easily.

If you are really thinking to spend a good amount of buying a rugged device then I will recommend you to have a look on the official site.