Thread: Getting BSOD continuously on Intel DH77DF with i3-2120T

Getting BSOD continuously on Intel DH77DF with i3-2120T

I am using Intel DH77DF motherboard with Intel Core i3-2120T in my computer and I am getting BSOD error after every few hours of specific activity. For example, the computer starts well and goes on working for hours in a row without any problem when doing minor stuff like text editing, picture viewing and so on. There are no crashes or BSOD errors or any other errors. But whenever I play a video, I get a BSOD error and computer crashes. Same thing happens when I run any game on my computer. Can someone tell me why it is happening?

Re: Getting BSOD continuously on Intel DH77DF with i3-2120T

Maybe there is some problem with the graphic drivers that are running in your computer. You can try installing another version of graphic drivers and or maybe try working without graphic card. If you are working without the graphic card and the PC works without giving any BSOD error or without crashing, then you can conclude that there is some problem with the graphic card.

You can ask the vendor to replace it with a new graphic card as it is leading to crash in your computer. But for the start I suggest that you try out different versions of graphic drivers for your graphic card.

Is the temperature of you computer right? I mean if your computer is overheating, then maybe it is getting crashed because of it. Maybe the graphic card is not getting proper airflow and thus it is overheating to get crashed. I suggest you to keep the side panel of your CPU open so that you can let the hot air out of the CPU cabinet as soon as it is formed. Also you can add extra cooling fans inside your computer so that the temperature is maintained at normal. If your ambient temperature is high, then you can also add liquid cooling system and so on.

Since you mentioned that your computer crashes when you play video or some game. This two things need to have graphic support to operate properly. Many times it is noticed that an overclocked graphic card crashes frequently. Check if you graphic card s overclocked or not. You can ask the vendor or send the details of your graphic card to the manufacturer of your graphic card and see if it was overclocked from before. If yes, then you can RMA it to get a normal graphic card and use it without getting BSOD errors.

I would suggest you to check if the voltage of the RAM is set properly or not. If the voltage is set above 1.5 V, then such problems will occur frequently and you will have to suffer a lot. Go into the BIOS of your motherboard and check for the value of the voltage. Adjust it properly to get the working right. Also having to run your computer on high voltage might lead to overheating and maybe damage of the peripherals. But I too think that problem might be due to overclocked graphic card.