Thread: SanDisk ultra SSD 128 GB hangs on Windows 7 logo, old hard drive boots fine

SanDisk ultra SSD 128 GB hangs on Windows 7 logo, old hard drive boots fine

I had brought a SanDisk ultra SSD of memory space 128 GB to have it installed in my computer. I attached it in my computer and installed Windows 7 on it. After it was installed, I rebooted my PC and while it was starting when the Windows 7 logo appeared, my computer crashed. I installed my old hard disk and it ran properly in my computer. Can someone tell me why my computer is crashing when SSD is used in it?

Re: SanDisk ultra SSD 128 GB hangs on Windows 7 logo, old hard drive boots fine

It seems that the SSD that you have installed in your computer cannot handle the load that Windows 7 puts when starting up. I suggest that you try using lighter operating systems in it, like Ubuntu or Linux. I have been repairing computers for a long time and I have encountered such problems for long time now. If you say that you can’t have SSD running in your computer, then the SSD is of no use to you. Maybe your motherboard is old and cannot handle the load that SSD needs to work properly. You will need to replace the motherboard too if you want to use the SSD in your computer.

Re: SanDisk ultra SSD 128 GB hangs on Windows 7 logo, old hard drive boots fine

If you had put any data in your SSD and now you are finding it difficult to get it out of the SSD since Windows 7 failed to work on it, I’ll suggest that you use Ubuntu on it so that at least it will start working and you ca retrieve your data in it.

You can also use a USB adapter for SSD to have its plug to be able to connect to the general USB port. You can use it as an external storage device which you can access using the main hard drive in your computer.