Thread: Need a simple wifi keyboard and mouse combo for ultra-portable

Need a simple wifi keyboard and mouse combo for ultra-portable

Where I get a budget keyboard and mouse combo for ultra-portable. I am talking about a mini keyboard. I had seen a one which is quiet costly. It has small keyboard and it mostly looks like a remote. Next to that there is a square box which act as mouse. I need something similar but on a cheaper rate. This is best when you do not want to use the laptop keyboard. And if it is wireless I can use it anywhere I want. Thanks.

Re: Need a simple wifi keyboard and mouse combo for ultra-portable

You will find something in Lenovo. This is a costly product, I am not sure that you can find that on a cheaper rate. Logitech offers a device called as Logitech diNovo Mini for $149.99. If you have any Lenovo gallery in your area then you can inquire about this product. This is a best keyboard mouse combo I had seen. Check the below image how it looks.

I am using Lenovo diNovo Mini. This is a good product. The cost is bit high and if you order that internationally then it is more costly. First the devices comes on 3-year limited hardware warranty and you are not going to get a better after sales support on other brands. It is a very portable device that has mouse integrated keys on the right side. They are in the form of arrow keys with ok button in the middle. You just have to choose the icons of location and press that ok button. It act as a touch-pad and quiet responsive.

This type of devices are best recommended for media center pc. They work flawlessly at good range. I like the design, it is quiet nice. The touch-pad is enough big to move your finger. I also tried this to play a game. It worked fine. The device has two modes which convert the the same to a touch-pad or remote. The device has a nice 10m range of operation. Due to wifi connectivity the same work well and you do not need to worry much about the control. It has a powerful battery life also.

Lenovo offers a one more product called as N5901. It is also a wifi keyboard and mouse bit it s a bit different. It does not has a touch-pad. The mouse is added below with roller. It works very nicely. Check the image below. My uncle has this keyboard. It is very small and portable.

Lenovo N5901 comes for $$59.99. Compared to the diNovo Mini this is much cheaper. But the keyboard is very small with tiny buttons. It is good for mouse operation. I checked the information and video review on this product. It offers a 30feet range through a wifi usb dongle connectivity. I like the design. It is very unique and different. The best part to use this wifi device is that it does not need a setup. It worked on small batteries that you can simply replace. It fix well to the palm and operate nicely.

And if you are looking for a more portable device then have a look on Rii Touch. This keyboard just look like a small remote. Along with keyboard keys there is a wide mouse pad on the right side. It works on simple thumb operation. The only issue with this product, is that I cannot locate this on any shopping website. That is why it is a bit complicated to find the exact price. This keyboard operates on bluetooth. The specification tells that you can use this with smart-phone also. It has android and ios support. That means we can use the same with tablet pc also. So it can act as a simple external keyboard. Rii Touch is quiet a innovative product I had seen.

There is another similar series provided by Rii. It is called as Rii Mini Wireless keyboard. It is a small QWERTY keyboard with simple touch-pad on the right side. I am sure you can find that online for purchase. It is a very lightweight tool.

For $50 you get EFO RF Keyboard. This is one of the smallest keyboard I had seen. It looks like a smart-phone. There is a wide touch panel on the top side and all keys located at the below end. You can use it to surf web or play media files. Compared to Lenovo this mini keyboard does not gives you dedicated multimedia keys. This is what I always look for in a mini keyboard. With dedicated multimedia keys you can play/pause audio or video files very easily. I like the design of EFO RF Keyboard.

But I am doubtful about the performance. Because this can be limited to the range of usage. I had not yet seen also online site selling this brand. Compared to others, Lenovo is the most trusted online. It is costly but you get a proper product with warranty support. I had seen some china sites providing mini keyboard and mouse combos. But they are not faithful, you have to pay money in advance and wait back for getting a replacement on the same. I hope Lenovo can provide a more portable device like EFO RF Keyboard.

Compared to a combo if you look for mini keyboard only then you can locate a number of different brands. I had purchased one for my laptop. It is really cool. A very small white keyboard works simple and can be operated from distance.

Check for MIX Wireless Mini HTPC Keyboard. This is another portable device with mouse support. The mouse is in the form of round pad on the top right with full QWERTY keyboard. The most important thing to check in your keyboard is arrow key support. I had seen some devices which does not has a arrow key. That makes it a bit uncomfortable to use.

I am using a dual monitor. One is wide-screen tv. You can use such wifi devices to control the screen on wide-screen without sitting near your system. The keys on Lenovo combo is very small. I need a reasonable size. And for that I ignored the mouse control. I got a small keyboard from ebay that worked well. There are very less brands available under mini keyboard list. I hope to find some better models here.