Thread: HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Cold Reset

HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Cold Reset

I am having a HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf and I had set a system password for the front panel of it but I don’t remember the same anymore. I want to access front panel settings and I am not able to do so because it is asking for system password. I don’t know what to do, I have checked about the same and some people have suggested me to do a Cold Reset but they haven’t mentioned how I have to do that. Is there anyone who can help me with the steps required for Cold Reset?

Re: HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Cold Reset

In that case you can try performing the below reset trick and check out if that’s helping you out in getting rid of system password:
    1. First turn off your printer; take out the power cable from printer as well as the outlet
    2. Now Press and hold power button for 30 seconds
    3. After that plug the power cable directly into the wall outlet and plug it into the printer and turn it on by pressing power button.

Just give it a try and let me know if it helps.

You can try turning off the product security from the front panel of the printer as well, for that you just have to press the setup button and select System Setup, after that select Product Security and turn it off from there. I am not sure but I think that this will let you get rid of the system password and will let you access front panel settings of your printer, best of luck.

I have tried out the very first solution mentioned here but that’s not making any difference, even after following the reset trick it is asking for system password. The second solution is not working as well as the printer again asks for system password when I try to enter "System Setup" menu. Isn’t there a way by which I can reset the system password or erase it somehow? Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

This is what I have found for Cold reset, the cold reset will change most of the system parameters in NVRAM to factory defaults and will reset
    Printer setting as well.
    1. Turn off your printer, press and hold the Go button and turn it on
    2. Continue holding Go button for 5 seconds while printer is getting turned on
    3. Release Go button when Attention LED turns on
    4. Just make sure that you are releasing Go button just after Attention LED turns on, don’t wait for Ready LEDs to turn on. If at all both Attention and the Ready LEDs gets turned on before releasing button then you will have to carry out the whole process again.

Give it a try and let me know if you are able to reset system password for your printer with this method.

If the above solution doesn’t help you out then you can try doing a network reset, network reset will change all network system parameters in NVRAM to factory defaults and might help you out. You can refer to the below steps for performing network reset.
    1. Turn off your printer, press and hold Job Cancel button and turn on the printer, you have to continue holding Job Cancel button until Attention light turns on.
    2. Once you release Job Cancel button, Attention, Ready, and Go lights will start cycling and when the process will get completed your printer should be ready to use.

Hope that helps.