Thread: Turn on printing quality of HP Deskjet 1050 J410

Turn on printing quality of HP Deskjet 1050 J410

I am having a HP Deskjet 1050 J410 and I have bought it recently, I wanted to know if there is a way by which I can turn on printing quality of the printer? I have tried going in to HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series document properties and under the paper/quality tab I am not able to change between Draft and Best options are appearing grayed, it seems as if the printing quality is turned off. I have tried going in to all the settings but I am not able to find a way to turn it off. Can anyone help?

Re: Turn on printing quality of HP Deskjet 1050 J410

In that case I will like to inform you that in HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series document properties you have to click on advanced button under paper/quality tab and set the resolution to the draft mode. When you will print in draft mode the printing process will be carried out faster as compared to the normal mode. Just check out the same and let me know of it is working out for you. If you face any issue further then you can feel free to ask, I will surely try to help you with possible suggestions.

I am aware of that but even when I am setting resolution to the draft mode by clicking on the advanced button under paper/quality tab I don’t see any difference. It seems as if it is still printing in the normal mode, I need to turn on the printing quality as my new printed documents are leaving inks when touched. I don’t think there should be any issue like that, my friend is having the same printer and we haven’t faced anything like that there. Can this be an issue with my printer? I have tried using photo paper as well as regular paper printed documents are leaving ink when touched Any idea what might be wrong?

Now for that you can try referring the below troubleshooting steps:

Use genuine HP cartridges:
    Make sure that the cartridge is compatible
    If you are having incompatible cartridges then replace it and try

Allow your printer to rest for some time:
    Print-quality issues can be solved if the printer is allowed to rest for some time, you can probably try waiting for half an hour and then try printing your documents

Inspect the paper:
    You should make sure that the paper you are using is proper for the printing purpose, some papers have printing and nonprinting sides. The smoother side is basically the print side, so you should Load the paper print side down in the input tray.

You should also make sure that you are not using wrinkled or curled paper, you should use paper with ColorLok technology should work well as it is a industry-standard paper. If you are using documents with detailed printing having high contrast graphics then you should make use of high contrast graphics.

Check out the printer setting:
    Cross check that you are following the below method for printing:
    From the software program that you might be using click File> click Print, when you get the Print dialog box then select your product and click on Properties. When you get the printer Properties dialog box then click on Paper/Quality tab and select the appropriate paper type from the Media drop-down.

After that click on Advanced tab and when you get the Advanced Options dialog box then make sure that Paper/Output matches your paper size and Print in Grayscale is set to Off in document Options if you are not printing in Grayscale.

I am not sure if this will work or not but if you are not able to solve out your issue with the above troubleshooting steps then you can simply try updating the printer driver to the latest. You can click on Windows Update button for updating window 7 drivers or you can download and install the latest driver for your printer from hp site. Try it out and let me know if your printers printing quality is getting better after that.