Thread: Officejet 7210 able to print but wont scan

Officejet 7210 able to print but wont scan

I have bought Officejet 7210 and have installed its driver in my system running but I am not able to install scanner driver, I am getting an error message saying "windows disconnected when I am trying to install the driver for the scanner. Currently I am just able to print with my printer and not scan so can anyone help me out in getting the scanner working as well??

Re: Officejet 7210 able to print but wont scan

While checking out for your issue I have found that Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows7 provide basic set of scanning drivers which is known as Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) drivers. It can be used if you are not able to use HP driver, since you haven’t installed scanning driver included with the available HP software you can try out can try out any of the below methods:

Windows XP:

Scanning with paint:
    Go to start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint> Click on Paint button> click From Camera or Scanner> click Scan

Windows Vista:

Scanning with Windows Live Photo Gallery:
    Go to start> All Programs> Windows Live Photo Gallery ( If you are not having Windows Live Photo Gallery installed then you can download and install it from Microsoft Web site) > click on file> click on Import From Camera or Scanner> click on your printer> Click on Import> click on Scan.

Scanning with paint:
    Follow the solution that has been mentioned above for windows xp

Windows 7:

Scanning with Windows Live Photo Gallery:
    Follow the solution that has been mentioned above for windows vista

Scanning with paint:
    Follow the solution that has been mentioned above for windows vista

Scanning with Windows fax and scan:
    Go to start> All Programs> Windows Fax and Scan> click on New Scan> click on Scan

Just try out any of the above method and let me know if you are getting any help from them.

I am running windows vista on my system and the scanner is not appearing to be working with Windows Paint, it seems as if there is some issue with the WIA driver. Is there anything else that I can try out to get the scanner working??

You can try out the below steps to find out if there is anything wrong with the WIA or any other services.

First go to start click o run and type “services.msc” without the quotes and click on ok, check out for Windows Image Acquisition and make sure that it is running. You can try stopping and restarting it as well. Once you have made sure that it is running simply reboot your system and follow the below steps.

Go to start type “services” without the quotes and click on ok and check out for Windows Image Acquisition. After that double click on it and go to Dependencies tab and see if there are two services listed.
    When you see 2 services listed then close the window and check out for Remote Procedure Call (RPC), once you get it then make sure that it’s to manual and the service is started as well.
    Now navigate to “Shell Hardware Detection” , double click on it and set Start up Type as Manual and make sure that you are applying the changes that you have made and the service is running.

Now Windows Image Acquisition should be working fine and you should be able to use your scanner with Windows Paint without any issues.