Thread: Can’t update CC9D firmware on Seagate ST2000DM001, error "NO FIRMWARE MATCH"

Can’t update CC9D firmware on Seagate ST2000DM001, error "NO FIRMWARE MATCH"

So yesterday my Seagate ST2000DM001 was one year old but I can’t say that i had no problem using it from this past one year. Instead I faced so many minor issues that use to come up every single month. Anyways coming to the topic, I am here to know the reason about why the CC9D firmware is not being updated with the latest and the newest available updates. Whenever I try to update my Seagate drive I end up getting the above message in a clear words saying that No firmware match found. Why is it so? Do I the only person exist with this problem or there are other people too having the same ST2000DM001 Seagate hard drive and getting the same error message while updating the firmware?

Re: Can’t update CC9D firmware on Seagate ST2000DM001, error "NO FIRMWARE MATCH"

Yes, even I have noticed that the latest firmware CC4H for certain Seagate models is available but however the support is not available for CC9D firmware. Other than CC9D you can find the support for CC46, CC47, CC49, CC4C and CC4G. CC9D is not the firmware version which is facing the update issue there are other existing versions of firmware which are unable to update to CC4H and getting the same update restriction error. Along with CC9D its CC4C which can’t be updated to the latest firmware version. If your device is sharing ST3000DM001, ST2500DM001, ST1000DM003 and the one that has been mentioned above and if the current firmware version is amongst the one which I have mentioned above then you can surely upgrade without any issue to CC4H.

Re: Can’t update CC9D firmware on Seagate ST2000DM001, error "NO FIRMWARE MATCH"

Even I have learnt about the version compatibility at the official site of Seagate. Here is the link where you can get the update information. Just making out a guess that first updating the firmware to the ones that have been mentioned in the list of compatible ones would do some trick? I mean if you update your CC9D firmware to anyone compatible ones like CC46, CC47, CC49 etc then I guess you will be able to update your device to CC4H easily. Never tried this option but I am just making out a mere guess that it might work. Anyone who can try and let me know whether it works? I do not have the listed model Seagate drive so can’t perform the operation.

Recently few days ago I had a chat with an official guy of Seagate and there I kept my question to him about why there is no firmware update for the device running on version CC9D firmware. Although I got a suitable answer however I wasn’t satisfied with it. I was told that according to them the drivers that are running on version CC9D have a least chances of facing any problem or issue related to the firmware version. And in case, even if the drive face any problem then warranty return option is always open for the user. Yes, they can simply return the drive to the retailer.

Firstly let me tell you that my Seagate ST2000DM001 is not at all free from a problem even after it is currently running CC9D firmware update into it. So better you do not say that the drives running this firmware do not face any problem or so on. I am one of them who is currently facing a lag issue with this Seagate drive. Initially the lagging problem was not so often but as the problem persist it kept on increasing and now the problem has increased at an higher level.

I am sure then you might be thinking that why don’t I carry on with the suggestion of returning the driver as told by you. Let me tell you that I have already send my hard drive to the retailer for the replacement, guess what? It’s already one month passed away and still there is update neither from the retailer and nor from Seagate. If not a firmware update then they can at least provide a proper service to their customers. I am really frustrated.