Thread: Using Unifying Receiver with Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman

Using Unifying Receiver with Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman

I have bought a new Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman for my pc and as I have already stated in the title I am in search for a unifying receiver for this cordless optical trackman. Before the purchase of this mouse I didn’t have any information about its connection or whether it will work with any unifying receiver.

At my home I do have a unifying receiver of Logitech M570. I do have this wireless trackball but due to some reason it got defected and then I went for purchasing this cordless optical trackman. Now it seems like I am stuck at one place. Some says that I cannot use the M570’s unifying receiver on my optical trackman. If I can’t uses then at least someone tell me that, is there any alternative unifying receiver for my optical trackman?

Re: Using Unifying Receiver with Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman

I don’t think any unifying receiver is going to work with a Logitech cordless optical trackman. Already I have tried my trackball M570 Unifying receiver with the trackman but that didn’t help me at all. When I consulted few people I found that due to the Optical Trackman is having some advanced features it is unable to use the unifying receiver of 570. If you compare both 570 and trackman you will find that both a completely different design. The 570 has a thumb operation whereas the trackman has the fingertip operation and it is said that the fingertip operation has used an advanced technology than the thumb operation. Let’s hope for the best from Logitech. They will surely come up with a unifying receiver.

Hey, day by day if you take a survey you will find numerous amounts of people are wiling to having a unifying receiver with their Logitech Optical Trackman. I think at least now Logitech should provider their Trackman users with what they want. I am sure the problem is only for all the new Trackman users and not for those who are using Trackman from past 5 to 10 year. There is a huge difference for the past users and the users using Trackman currently. I am the one who is using Trackman from past 7 years and guess what? I have been easily able to use the unifying receiver with this old Trackman. There are my other friends who has bought this cordless Optical Trackman recently, but when they try to use the same unifying receiver with their trackman mouse they aren’t able to get it working. Same way my brother too have a Trackman from past 5 year and he is able to use the unifying receiver. This is the only biggest difference between the old Optical Trackman mouse and the current Optical Trackman mouse. Just wanted to tell you that you cannot use unifying receiver if you have purchased your Optical Trackman recently.

Just because I was willing to use a Unifying receiver I went for a Logitech M570. No matter how beautifully the optical trackman is designed but the entire beauty goes off once if you come to know that this mouse is not meant for the unifying receiver. On the other hand M570 is nowhere impressive but the unifying receiver makes things more beautiful. Obviously people might go for such a device that would give them better access even from the distance place and that’s what the unifying receiver does which in turns becomes impossible for the trackman as there is no access by Unifying receiver.

You might find people who still do not like controlling the trackball marble with the thumb (as in case of M570) but as said just because those mouse has the access through Unifying receiver they compromise with the drawbacks that they are facing. I am sure once if Logitech comes with combining the technology of M570 and Trackman they can make lot of money. The three finger control for the cordless optical Trackman marble is a better option than a thumb control. In short, having a Trackman with a Unifying receiver of M570 is surely going to rock. Logitech will definitely come up with such thing. I know.