Thread: Vertical scrolling wont work with Logitech VX Revolution in Visual Basic Editor

Vertical scrolling wont work with Logitech VX Revolution in Visual Basic Editor

Whom exactly should I blame, is it this wireless mouse that is causing the problem or it’s the Visual basic editor responsible for the scrolling not to work properly. As I have already stated in the title my Logitech VX Revolution wireless mouse’s vertical scroll is not functioning at all only in Visual Basic Editor. I guess it would have been ok for me if the scrolling issue would have have been same for my entire windows system. But I am surprised to see that the problems only persist while I open the Visual Basic Editor. While opening any other application or window if in case there is a vertical scrolling in those opened windows the scroll works smooth and fine but when it comes to Visual basic windows the scroll behaves as if there is no scrolling in the window.

Most interestingly within the same visual basic window there is also a horizontal scrolling which actually works well and fine but again when I try the vertical scrolling it fails badly. Anyone who is well aware of this issue? I know there are many people who must be having the same model Logitech mouse. Please let me know whether you are experience such issue or your mouse is a good friend of yours.

Re: Vertical scrolling wont work with Logitech VX Revolution in Visual Basic Editor

Interestingly when I install the Microsoft intellipoint software the mouse starts working for me without any trouble and if I uninstall it and install Logitech setpoint the problem comes back to the normal position. I know this sounds bit funny as in most cases it has been said that uninstalling Logitech setpoint helps us to get the mouse function successfully but in my case things seems to be bit reversed. Even if I uninstall the Setpoint the problem remains the same with not even a single change but when I install Microsoft intellipoint software then mouse function smoothly and also the vertical scroll works for the Visual Basic Editor. But however I know that this is not the exact solution for the problem but I don’t have any other option. I will surely wait for proper solution but until then carry on with this temporary fix.

Re: Vertical scrolling wont work with Logitech VX Revolution in Visual Basic Editor

Look, I am not sure but I guess that the problem is due to the driver. What I would suggest you is to go to the control panel and open the Device Manager. Now check into your Device Manager whether you are facing any kind of error message. Check in your Device Manager and let me know.

Another thing I would like to suggest you is to uninstall Microsoft intellipoint completely even if it is responsible for your mouse to function well with the vertical scroll. After removing Intellipoint perform a clean install of SetPoint. Uninstalling intellipoint before installing SetPoint is a good practice for your mouse to work properly. Make sure that you do not get any error while the SetPoint installation time. If you get any then please inform here and let me know the further status of both your system and mouse. Hopefully it should work with what I suggested.

Firstly let me tell you that your mouse is nowhere the main reason for this problem as you have yourself clearly mentioned that the mouse runs fine with all other windows and also it works well in Visual Basic Editor when it comes to horizontal scrolling. I would like to give to some information about the visual basic editor. Do not think that visual basic editor is the same as other windows apps. Let me tell you that the mouse wheel vertical scroll doesn’t really works directly for the visual basic editor. It’s actually the intellipoint that help in the VBE windows scrolling. The scrolling is done by intellipoint software using SBM_SETPOS. However it’s very much complicated and also not necessary for you to understand the functioning of the software but just understand that the intellipoint play an important role in scrolling the window of Visual Basic editor.

If you are able to get any Logitech Mouseware then I guess you can get your problem resolved. And I would personally suggest you to try your hands with VBscroll. Now before you comment anything about it, let me explain you about this app. VBscroll is specially meant for the Visual Basic scrolling issue in your VBE. As said above you can go for intellipoint software but if in your case intellipoint doesn’t help you then you can probably switch to VBScroll which is completely same as the intellipoint. I do not have much idea about the installation of VBscroll but I guess if you search it on google you might get the exe file of VBscroll just download it and let me know how its is working for your.

Yeah, that’s a great idea I must say. To me frank I was about to suggest you the same thing and also I was expecting someone might suggest the same and it happened. Anyways, not all intellipoint software but the 4.12 version mouse drive is said to be functioning the same as VBscroll. But there are situation where you wont be able to even install the software, therefore it is suggested you to install VBscroll which is universally the same for everyone without no internal issues. VBscroll is mostly suggesting for those who are using VB Editor in Microsoft office apps like Microsoft word or Microsoft excel or Access.