Thread: SanDisk SSD Ultra crashes when resuming from sleep

SanDisk SSD Ultra crashes when resuming from sleep

Its been just about 2 weeks since i installed new SanDisk SSD on my Acer laptop running on Vista. Its good in performance, transfer speed, etc but the only problem am facing with it is crashing each and every time while waking up my system from sleep mode and i get BSODs. Its happening since day one. I thought it could be another problem and hence i did Windows update, updated all required drivers and all but still the problem persists. Hence am reporting this problem. Hope any of you can help me out fixing the same.

Re: SanDisk SSD Ultra crashes when resuming from sleep

hey thanks for starting this thread. Even am facing very similar problem with the SanDisk SSD Ultra 120GB. Its my Windows 7 Desktop. First problem is am always getting Black Screen while resuming from sleep (Not BSOD as in your case). And second problem is it started just couple of days ago and not since first day.

Not it seems its a defect with the Sandisk SSD Ultra series itself and not just with my or your system. Anyways, is there any way to fix it out ? If yes, please let me know as well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mae Huckett View Post
    Not it seems its a defect with the Sandisk SSD Ultra series itself and not just with my or your system. Anyways, is there any way to fix it out ?
    Well I guess its your Windows problem because Sleep Mode is Windows features. Am using the same drive on my Linux and its working properly. I guess you guys need to report these problems to Microsoft.

Thanks for your prompt effort dude but its just useless. If its Windows Problem than why it never happened with my Samsung SSD 830 Series that I used for years before switching to Sandisk ? This is my 4th SSD on this same system and started getting this problem only with this, and not with any of the earlier drives.

Also as per my research and if you (Twannah) are aware Sandisk Ultra series is manufactured with SandForce controller and it seems that all SSDs based on this are having such problems. Especially with the sleep mode. I can say this because there are many users facing the same problem and there is nothing that can make it windows related problem because all those windows system would not start acting weird all of a sudden.
    Anyway, I would like to know from other people if there is any firmware uypdate or any kind of patch available for Sandisk Ultra that can fix this problem ? If yes, please let me know.

Well there is no firmware or Patch available for the same yet. But as a workaround in order to fix this problem, you should update your motherboard BIOS and see if it works. There were many users facing the same problem (no wake up after sleep) and fixed their problem with BIOS updating and re-installing the system. I repeat, it dint worked in all system but it WORKED in most cases.

If you are a laptop users facing wake up problem, than you should enable HIPM and DIPM for your SSD. It works in almost cases. Just google for the step by step process for enabling HIPM and DIPM for your Solid State drives. Try this out, till than I will try to get some more info on these.