Thread: MSI cx623 is freezing on startup

MSI cx623 is freezing on startup

I am having a MSI cx623 running on windows and it was working fine by now and I did not had any issues with the same. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now the laptop is getting freeze on startup. I have tried rebooting the system several times but it is not making any difference. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: MSI cx623 is freezing on startup

Its hard to guess the issue like that as there are several cause of the same. I will suggest you to first let it start normally until you are able to get rid of the freezing. If you get a chance to try out something without freezing then go to start> run> and type %temp% and hit enter. Now you will get a new window with all the temporary files, these files are of no use and they just occupy space. So just delete them all, when you are done with the same then type “msconfig” without the quotes and then you will get a new window. So here just uncheck the startup program that you don't use and make sure you are just check marking the ones you actually need. Once you are done with these two things then reboot the system and see if the issue is getting solved or not. Just try it out and post back the result you get so that I can have a better idea of your case.

I have now somehow managed to complete those steps even though the system was freezing like hell and I had to reboot it couple of times. I am still not having any luck with those solution, is there anything I can try out further?? I have asked out the same to some of my friend and they have suggested me to simply reinstall windows. I am not having any issues in trying out the same as well but currently I am not having any other device to take the backup of the crucial data that I am having in it. So I just wanted to know if there is some other workaround that I can try out rather than simply reinstalling windows????

There are possibilities that your system might have got affected by virus. If there would have been issue with the number of startup programs then limiting them would have surely helped you out. Since they have not made any difference in your case you need to run a complete scan for your system. Make sure that you are using recommended antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials. As you have mentioned the system is freezing badly on start up, you will have to try doing this with patience. There are possibilities that the scanning process will get hanged as well. If this issue is because of the virus then you will come to know about the same during scan, so just be patience and let the antivirus scan get completed.

It appears as if the system has started freezing suddenly in your case. If it is so then you can try to doing a system restore. For that you need to follow the below steps:
    1. Go to start type “System Restore” without the quotes in search box and check out if System Restore is appearing in the list. When you get it then click on the same. You might have to enter the admin user id and password for the same.
    2. When you get the System Restore wizard opens then just choose recommended restore point, if you want then you can use a different restore point as well. First use recommended restore point if that does not help then you can proceed with different restore point. For recommended restore you just have to select “recommended restore” and click on next and follow the steps that are prompted.
    3. For doing a system restore from different restore point click on “choose different restore point” and click on next. When you do so, you will get a lost if different points so just try to select the point where you think the system was running fine and. After that you can click on “scan for affected programs” this will help you to know which programs will be affected by restore point you might have chose.

It will let you know the programs and the drivers that will get deleted and the ones that will get restored. So after confirming restore point click on Finish and finally on yes and let the process begin and end. Make sure that you are not interrupting the program until it gets completed.

If all of the above solutions are not working out for you then you will have to try out restoring your laptop to its factory defaults. You can try out the below steps for the same but I will like to make it clear that before restoring your laptop to its factory defaults you will have to take the back up of the data in it as they will get erased after factory restore.

First turn on your laptop and Press "F3" repeatedly when you get the MSI logo. When you are redirected to "Windows Boot Manager" then just Highlight "Windows Setup [EMS Enabled]" with the help of the keyboard arrow keys and hit enter. When you get the "System Recovery Option" dialog box then Click "MSI Recovery Manager" and click on ok. You will get a screen notification that your laptop will be restored to its original factory settings. So just click on OK.

After that you will be able to see the time left in the recovery process as pet the size of your hard disk and the data in it. The laptop will restart as well between the processes, so don’t worry about the same as it is a part of the process. Once the process gets competed then you can transfer the backed up data and check out if the issue has been solved or not.
    I am quite sure that you won’t have any such issues after that.