Thread: Is it good to adjust the EQ of headphones or not?

Is it good to adjust the EQ of headphones or not?

I know that the EQing can be tricky stuff to do when you are totally new in this thing. Like me, i had never been attempted it before. So I was just thinking if anyone here had done it before with their handsfree can help me adjusting the EQ of my headset.

I want do it and like everything else I might get better with the practice. So is there any one who can let me know how to do the same ? Also first let me know if it is good the EQ the headsets or not? Thank You.

Re: Is it good to adjust the EQ of headphones or not?

EQ (Equalization) is the way to increase or decrease some specific frequency to be more correct according to our needs. By doing this we get the sound as we want to hear. And if it is correctly done you will get overall enhanced sound. So obviously DOING EQ is good. But EQing in the headphones will drastically affect the outcome. If the headphones is a lower end then you will be looking to boost lower frequencies to improve it. So the best thing to do is to use the headphone that has relatively flat EQ response and then get it to the required frequency.

I have the M-Audio Q40 headphones for a while now and I never required to EQ it in any way. Actually i use it in the combination with digiZoid ZO2 Portable Amplifier and together both are really very awesome. Though sometimes I adjust the treble a bit.

I never heard that we should not EQ our headphones, offcourse we can do it for getting better sound out of the headphones. I don’t know it is because I have done some extra padding on the shallow pads for getting the good fitting. In fact if i wouldn't had this pad than I would have surely EQed the headphone to get the better performance

I saw may people don’t like to EQ their headphones but you must you know that there are few headphones that need to be equalized in order to sound great. Actually manufacturers don’t have any idea who is going to use a particular headset and so they have to assume that everyone has the same taste as they can’t make every product according to each and every people. If you are able to enjoy to hear the stuff in the headphone without EQing it then it is good for you but just don’t think that it is not required until you are using the good setup with it.