Thread: Will the new iMacs have standard SSDs?

Will the new iMacs have standard SSDs?

I am really very much happy with the release of the apple’s new standard system, iMac 2012. Cant wait anymore to get it, however it will be at my place at the mid of next month but before going on for its purchase I wanted to make myself clear with all its positive and negative points. However almost done with everything but still there are few doubts that are going around in my mind and for me they are very much important to know before buying the machine. That’s the reason I came here, can anyone present here let me know whether the iMac 2012 along with a HDD is going to have a SSD. I would really wish to have an SSD within the machine but with the HDD I don’t think they are going to have it so easily.

One of my friends says that it won’t be so difficult task for Apple to do so but however they won’t do it so easily as selling SSD additionally will obviously provide them much profit and let them make more money. Anyways for me having a 128GB of SSD with correspond to 256GB of HDD would be much better or having a equal amount of GB with HDD will also do work for me. What you have to say about it? If there’s anyone with any additional information then please let me know.

Re: Will the new iMacs have standard SSDs?

Your friend was somehow correct my friend, if there are no chances of selling out the machine along with the SSD then obviously Apple won’t mind to keep SSD as an additional option for the users. So better don’t keep an option of replacing your optical drive just for getting some available spare for such SSD. Apple knows that many people might do the same, and that’s the reason they are not at all worried or concerned about their customer’s request or opinion.

With the space availability of SSD and HDD into the system I would like only say that if in case apple decides to keep the SSD along with the HDD into the machine, they will never do it sacrificing or degrade their standard HDD i.e. their HDD will always be the hero of iMac. I do not understand why you want a SSD if you have a standard HDD with you in iMac, always remember that you cannot ever compare the performance of a standard HDD and standard SSD in iMac. There is no way you will have a comparable performance with a standard SSD. Keeping both SSD and HDD in iMac is theoretically not at all possible because for making such things possible you will have to first explore and expand iMac which is again not possible. Accommodating both the HDD and SSD is never possible at least not in my opinion. Both may have a similar capacity but their entirely different size makes them to never stay or accommodate together.

Re: Will the new iMacs have standard SSDs?

If you are expecting both HDD and SSD to stay together in a single plate then even I won’t agree with you but if only want to have SSD into you system then I think that’s a good wish. I am sure soon all brand systems are going to have a SSD instead of HDD. I am sure days are over for HDDs, they have spent a huge period of time ruling the machines for storage space but now they won’t do it anymore. Already I guess many of the laptop manufacturers have implemented it into their machine, in fact apple is one of the major manufacturer of such laptops but unfortunately desktop computer haven’t came up with such things. All the desktop users and lovers will however have to wait for much more time in order to fulfill their wishes. Not now but I am sure in the coming days lots of desktop manufacturers are going to turn their system towards SSDs and Apple is going to be the first one without any doubt. You have to spend some more days and night for a SSD based iMac but I am sure soon there will be one such PC by Apple. But if you are thinking to get both HDD and SSD into iMac that too at this current period of time then please drop your expectations and carry on dreaming something that is actually possible. hope you got what I mean to say.