Thread: What does the polling rate of Razer DeathAdder mouse do

What does the polling rate of Razer DeathAdder mouse do

Hey friends, yesterday I bought new Razer DeathAdder because my earlier stopped working due to any unknown reason . So to buy a new mouse I went to a shop. He showed me various mouse and tried to make understand about polling rates. Well i dint got him what he was trying to tell me but i bought Razer DeathAdder. AM happy with its movement, its pretty quick and ease to use.

But I have a question, what is the polling rate? What is the use of polling rate? I was doing setting of my Razer DeathAdder at that time I saw three different polling rates 125 Hz, 500Hz ,1000Hz. Which polling rate should I select?

Re: What does the polling rate of Razer DeathAdder mouse do

Hey buddy, as per my knowledge polling rate is used for sending the cursor movement information to the CPU. If you keep higher polling rate of your mouse the cursor will move faster and it will do sent movement quickly to CPU. The mouse having higher polling rate is useful for gamers to do quick movement

As you mentioned you are getting three type of polling rates 125 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz. The typical mouse is having 125 hz polling rate. 500 hz polling rate is covered up to 2000dpi. If you need more smoothness in your mouse movement then you can use 1000 hz polling rate. I am mentioning below polling rate with their delay times.

Hz Ms
    1000 1
    500 2
    250 4

Re: What does the polling rate of Razer DeathAdder mouse do

The polling rates are normally used to track mouse movement. Mouse sends its x and y movement calculation and the information of button where it is pressed to computer. The rate of sending information to computer is 125times per second in typical mouse. This is called as polling rate and it’s measured in Hertz. If polling rate is higher then computer will receive information of mouse status more frequently and computer will respond more quickly to your command. For example if you have set your polling rate to 1fps so your computer will get movement update of your mouse in every one second. Normally mouse standard polling rate is 125Hz in typical mouse and for doing normal regular work this polling rate is ok. But while playing games this polling rate will not useful. This polling rate may cause to lose you game. So it’s better to choose higher polling rate for playing games. So you can choose whichever polling rate is suitable for you.