Thread: What is Clambook

What is Clambook

Hi,

What is Clambook. Is this a new kind of notebook coming up. I am not able to figure out actualy. The images that I saw showes it like a portable think laptop. What operating sytsem does it has and what are the hardware specs. The best thing that I loved about this device is the size. It is ultra thin. But still it confuses me, I doubt that this is not actually a laptop. The information that I found on this says that it is a dock. But a dock does not require a bit screen. It is mostly used for charging phones. Another thing that I found is, it supports Android phones. So does that means that it has Android OS on it. The price that was listed was around $150 dollar.

If this a laptop then at the price it is impossible to find such device. I will buy that instantly. But if that is not a laptop, then I might prefer to stay back. Because a dock on that price is costly. Atleast this must have a feature like tablet pc where on independent OS support one can run apps and enjoy web surfing. Can anyone put light on what it is actually. Any images related to that will be more easy to understand.

Re: What is Clambook

You look confused. Clambook is not a notebook neither it is some kind of ultra sim laptop. It is a smartphone dock. A kind of product for those who wants to see their smartphone on bigger screen. Look at the picture of this device on web properly. It has a smartphone dock next to it on which you can fit your phone and seen the entire screen. Second thing via keyboard support you can surf on web or watch videos, view your photos, etc. It is quiet nice device which was never thought about a smartphone. It helps to convert your smartphone to a portable laptop. It fulfills your basis need of second screens support. It also looks very stylish and the size is ultra thin. For a good resolution you need much better device. The display quality might affect if the output is not better. If you are looking for a portable secondary screen for your system then you can try this.