No Post on new system boot

I have recently bought this build:
    • Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
    • Processor-AMD quad 4 965 BE
    • Memory-TWIN2X4096-8500C7
    • Video Card - Nvidia GeForce 260
    • Power Supply-Corsair TX750W
    • Operating System-Windows 7 (64 bit)

The problem that I am having with it now is that when I am powering on the system then the power light as well as the reset light is coming up but there is no post on the screen. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with any of the hardware since it is very new but I am not sure about the same. I have inspected the connections and have reseated all the hardware's once again but it is not making any difference and I am still not able to get it post on the screen. I have checked about the same and I have found this issue is mostly because of a faulty motherboard or a psu. So I just wanted to know which are the test’s that I can try out to find the cause of this issue in my case.

Re: No Post on new system boot

There are possibilities that this can be due to a faulty motherboard or a psu but it is not necessary. You can try out the basic troubleshooting in this case and see if they are taking any effect. First try clearing the cmos by taking out the battery from the board. For that turn off the machine unplug the power cord, take out the battery from the board wait for some time and insert it again. After that plug the power cord and start the system and see if you are able to get it posting on the screen. You should also inspect the system for beep codes, the beep codes are usually in pattern and they can help you out in tracking the faulty hardware in your case. If that’s not working then you can try removing the hardware’s like video card, hdd, dvd drive etc and power the board alone by having it connected to the monitor and see if it is posting or not. I have found some people mentioning that they have faced the same and it was video card in their case, so you can test out that as well. Just check out these things and let me know what response you are getting for the mentioned workarounds so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

See if you think that there is something wrong with the board or the motherboard in your case then a simple solution will be testing out them itself. I mean you can arrange a working psu or motherboard and replace them in your system and see if you are able to get post on the screen or not. As far as I am aware this issue is mostly with the board. Anyways you can perform what I have suggested and find it out. This issue can be because of ram as well so if your system is having more than one ram then you can try using single ram and check out if the board is posting on the screen. If there is something wrong with the ram then you will hear some beep codes. So check these things out and let me know what you get for further help.

Thanks for your interest guys, I wanted to share that I have now tried clearing the cmos and booting the board after unplugging the video cards, hdd, dvd drive etc but they are not appearing to be making any difference. I am not getting any beep codes anywhere, I have tried using single ram but that’s not helping as well. The problem is that I am not having some other working system currently to test out the hardware’s. So is there anything else that I can try out to find out the cause of this issue?? Or I will have to simply test out the hardware’s in a working system to find out the culprit in my case? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

If you want then you can check out if there is anything wrong with the psu. Without replacing the psu in your system and that is by doing a paper clip test. If you are not aware of this test then you can simply google out “Corsair Video FAQ: How to test a Corsair power supply “and check out the tutorials on YouTube for testing out your Corsair TX750W. I think doing that will be the best idea for testing out your psu. Else you will surely need a working machine or other working psu or motherboard to narrow down the cause of the issue in your case. I don’t think that there is any other workaround that you can try out further than this. Just try it out and post back the result that you get.

I have done paper clip test and have found that there is nothing wrong with the psu. While checking out for this issue I have found people mentioning that there can be something wrong with the monitor as well but I have tested out the monitor with other working monitor in my case and have got the same response No beeps, no post at all. After trying out all this possible solution I think that there is something wrong with the board in my case. Anyways I have contacted the store form where I had bought the system and have addressed them the issue. They told me that they will take the system to their place test it out and let me know what’s wrong. I did not expect to face such issues with a new system. I will have to wait for a couple of days more to get the system working.