Thread: MSI Wind Top AE2020 touch screen not working

MSI Wind Top AE2020 touch screen not working

Presently I am using the MSI Wind Top AE2020 touch screen all-in-one computer. It was working fine yesterday. Today when I turn in the computer, the Windows 7 Ultimate prompts me for the new update. So I have downloaded it and installed it successfully on my computer. It looked like a security patch for Windows but I was not sure about it. Then the system automatically reboots. When it completely starts up, the touch screen was no longer functional. I again rebooted my computer but no solution. The system only has Generic monitor driver installed. If I try to update it, it says it is the latest. Do you have any solution?

Re: MSI Wind Top AE2020 touch screen not working

It seems to me that the Windows generic driver for Touch screen is no longer working or compatible with the Windows 7 ultimate. It would be better if you install the driver available on the MSI site. I had the same problem. What you have to do is to just unplug the cable usb behind the screen and then go to - Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - calibrate the screen. It has to be performed with the stylus or touch input and click Configure on the top right and pressing the screen with your finger ac then the screen works again until next reboot. I think there was a problem with the mouse to the program that handles the screen.