Thread: Factory Restore for Dell Studio 1558

unsure Factory Restore for Dell Studio 1558

I'm trying to reformat my Dell Studio 1558 but I'm having a bit of a hard time. So, when I start the computer and push F8 I get the screen that's titled System Recovery Options, it has the choices; Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostics, Command Promp and Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup. I was told to click "System Image Recovery" when I do this I get a message that reads "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer, attach a backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close the dialog for more options"

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me, what do I do and where do I go from here? Thank you guys! (:

Re: Factory Restore for Dell Studio 1558

Whenever you buy a laptop you receive a hidden recovery partition. First it is always recommended that when you receive a new system you must make recovery disc on your own. Companies has stopped providing recovery dvd's. If you had not made that then you will have to create one. Buy some blank dvd's. Start your laptop and go on Start Menu and look for Recovery Manager. Create recovery disc with and then run Windows recovery.