Thread: Dell Studio Slim 540 expansion slot cover and its part number

Dell Studio Slim 540 expansion slot cover and its part number

Does anyone know what is the part number of expansion slot covers which are manufactured for the Dell Studio Slim 540s Desktop? Right now my expansion slot does no not have cover to wrap up since there are no cards installed in that. So there a big whole visible on the back of the CPU and through this lots of dust and other particulars enters into the CPU case. Some insects also created their build inside the Case. In order to avoid it, I have to add a cover on the back. I had one before but I lost it. Now I need a new one but don’t know what the part number is and what size it should be?

Re: Dell Studio Slim 540 expansion slot cover and its part number

I am not sure whether the dell is providing the Expansion slot covers or not. I assume that it should be available with the CPU case only and it is not sold separately. However there will not be any part number for such covers. You just need to know the size of those covers. I have seen a VENTED Slot covers on Dell store website and I hope that they will fit in your desktop case. Other than this, on Amazon store, there are StarTech Steel Low Profile Expansion Slot Cover Plates for $6.66. I don’t know what low profile means but I assume that they are perfect for your model.

Re: Dell Studio Slim 540 expansion slot cover and its part number

The Silverstone is currently offering Aero Slots Vented Expansion Slot Covers. I have heard that these are compatible with and built for Temjin TJ10 performance tower chassis but I assume that they can be adjusted to Studio Slim 540s Desktop. This will help you to increase the airflow efficiency and you don’t have to worry about the EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) emission since it will not affect the system components at all. These slots are finished with beautiful Nickel–coated black surface and they are perfect for hi-end graphic cards or hot-running expansion cards. Other than this there could be many but you have to make sure the size and the type which will fit on your case