Thread: After installing GTX 680 video will not wake up after sleep

After installing GTX 680 video will not wake up after sleep

I used to be a very satisfied user of this HD 5870 and trust me things were working fine then. But you know this unquenchable thirst for the best that rises up with every other individual rose up with me to which I decided to start using something else and this decision of mine led to use of another piece of graphic card. For which I selected GTX680 because of its overwhelming response that I heard. So, in that process I wanted to be very careful as a result of which what I first did was to remove the HD 5970 from my system. When I realized it works fine without it, but then I happened to insert the GTX680 and then I got all panicky when I saw that my system was not waking up only. What do you think is the issue? The well-defamed drivers? But I did try running the driver cleanup it did not fetch me any suspicious results. Neither did it solve my issue but surprisingly, I am seeing a Precision X which is running in the task bar do you think that is an issue by the slightest of chances.

Re: After installing GTX 680 video will not wake up after sleep

You should first try checking your BIOS settings and all since during the course of removal of the AMD you might have accidently spoiled something which is barely a very common issue faced these days. Also, as you suggested, the problem might be with your driver or so. Sometimes what happens is that the driver cleaner is inefficient to detect driver issues that are linked deep within. It is a program after all. Anyways, there have been issues that was reported against the first driver that was ever launched. And I would also ask you not to rule the possibility of some new features that are being added to the 680 as the root cause of the issue that you are facing currently. There’s no point in panicking your device and system is not at fault and this is a very resolvable issue, I tell you!

Re: After installing GTX 680 video will not wake up after sleep

I would actually recommend to keep the other options to be the issue on hold and consider the driver issue as the basic cause. When I talk about driver as the issue it simply means that you need to troubleshoot this issue as of now. As a matter of assistance, I would enlist what to do, try it out and let me know:
    • Check if updated drivers are available through Windows Update. When you check Windows Update, click View available updates to determine if an updated driver is available for your device.
    • Make sure that the hardware device is compatible with your computer and with your version of Windows. If the device is not compatible, you will need to find the correct driver. Check the information that came with your device. You can also search for the device on the Compatibility Center website. This website contains a comprehensive list of devices that have been tested to work with Windows 7.
    • Many devices require special drivers to work properly. Be sure that you have installed any software discs that came with the device.
    • Restart the computer. Restarting might be necessary if the driver requires it or if the driver did not install correctly.
    • If the device is a universal serial bus (USB) device, disconnect it and then plug it in to a different USB port. Windows should detect the device and install the drivers, and will notify you if the device drivers did not install properly.
    Please let me know if this worked or not.