Thread: DVD burner not working properly in Dell xps 8300

DVD burner not working properly in Dell xps 8300

I got this machine recently and I have some problems with the DVD burner of this machine. The DVD burner which is installed in my machine is not recognizing the disks properly sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. So it becomes very difficult to play some DVD’s In the machine and at a time it does make a weird sound when I insert the DVD. I have run several diagnostic tools and it shows there is no problem with the DVD drive. So I don’t understand what can be the problem what do you all think? Should I send the whole machine to the service center and get the problem solved. I am a bit afraid of sending the whole machine because I am sure that they will take some time with that machine and I don’t know when they will return me back.

So do tell me about the same. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: DVD burner not working properly in Dell xps 8300

Yes you should better contact the Dell support team for the same and do ask for a replacement drive. That would be better for you by the way you haven’t mentioned which DVD burner you have and what is the model number and all. In future if you are writing any problem then make sure you do mention out all such things because that will give a clear idea of that product and the problem. So I hope you understood what I am talking over here.

I have spoke about my suggestion over here rest whatever things are there should be decided by you.

Re: DVD burner not working properly in Dell xps 8300

Its some kind of stock model with model number denoted as HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GH70N. Now talking about your suggestion you are probably right replacing the DVD drive would be a better option for that, what’s the need to go to any kind of service center? I myself will do that? I have a pioneer DVD drive at my place and will be replacing with the new one that I have in my Dell xps 8300. Whatever the results are I will make sure that I post back.

Thanks a lot for the replies. Appreciated.