Thread: After upgrading to windows 7, getting scanning error with HP photosmart c5180

After upgrading to windows 7, getting scanning error with HP photosmart c5180

In my computer I have recently upgrade operating system from windows Vista to windows 7. After upgrading operating system all the things worked correctly except HP photosmart c5180 printer. When I try to print anything from HP photosmart c5180 printer at that time I didn’t get any problem but when I try to scan document at that time I get error. I have turned off my HP photosmart c5180 printer and then removed power cable from it, after doing that I have plugged power cable in my computer and at the back of my printer and when I tried to scan document again at that time I get same problem. I have also uninstalled all the HP software’s from my computer and then I have installed it again but after doing that also I am experiencing same problem while scanning the document. What should I do to resolve this problem?

Re: After upgrading to windows 7, getting scanning error with HP photosmart c5180

You have to check whether WIA service is enabled in your computer or not? I am telling you this solution because this problem normally occurs if WIA service is not enabled. If you want to check whether WIA service is enabled or not then you have to open start menu and then type services.msc in search box and after typing services.msc press enter key. Now services window will appear. Now you need to look for WIA service and then check whether it is enabled or not? If WIA service is not running then you have to start it and if it is already running then you need to right click on that service and stop it. after doing that you have to start that service and then restart your computer. When your computer restart you have to open Hp solution center and then see whether you can scan the documents or not?

Re: After upgrading to windows 7, getting scanning error with HP photosmart c5180

Quote Originally Posted by Denholm View Post
    You have to check whether WIA service is enabled in your computer or not? I am telling you this solution because this problem normally occurs if WIA service is not enabled. If you want to check whether WIA service is enabled or not then you have to open start menu and then type services.msc in search box and after typing services.msc press enter key. Now services window will appear. Now you need to look for WIA service and then check whether it is enabled or not? If WIA service is not running then you have to start it and if it is already running then you need to right click on that service and stop it. after doing that you have to start that service and then restart your computer. When your computer restart you have to open Hp solution center and then see whether you can scan the documents or not?
    Enabling the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition), I have tried to search solution on internet regarding this problem and there were many users who were facing similar problem and solved it by starting the WIA service. You have to also open control panel in your computer and then go to the hardware and sound option and then go to the devices and printer option. After that you have to whether is any other printer is listed except your printer is there is any other printer then you should right click on that and remove it. I am not sure whether it will be helpful for you or not but you can try this solution.

Whenever you upgrade operating system to windows vista to windows 7 at that time you should run “HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7”. If you have not rin this patch in your computer then that canbe a reason behind this problem. you should download “HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7” from the official site of HP or you can click here HP PRINT SOFTWARE PATCH WHEN UPGRADING VISTA TO WINDOWS 7 after downloading this you have to run it in your computer and then you have to reinstall HP software and then check whether you are able to scan from your HP photosmart c5180 printer or not? I was also having same problem after upgrading my computer from windows Vista to windows 7 and then I have first tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the software from installation CD and downloading the software from HP website but that does not helped me to solve this problem. when I have contact HP support and discussed about this problem at that time they have told me to run “HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7” this patch and then I have download this patch and tried it and my problem get solved.

I have downloaded HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7 and then run it in my computer and after doing that I have reinstalled HP software in my computer but that does not make any difference. there is no other printer in the device list as I have recently upgraded the system. I have disabled WIA service and then enabled it and then I have restarted my computer bit after restarting the WIA service also I get same problem. if any one have solution regarding this then let me know thank you in advance.

If restarting the WIA services does not help you to solve this problem then you should stop Dependencies services and then start it again. Many times restarting the Dependencies services can resolve this type of problems. To restart Dependencies services you have to go to the start menu and then type services and after typing that press enter key. After pressing the enter key you have to select Dependencies tab after doing double click on WIA service. You will notice there is two services listed under Dependencies tab and then you need to close that window. After closing that window you have to open Shell Hardware Detection and then set start up type of Shell Hardware Detection to manual and then click on apply button. Now look for the Remote Procedure Call and make sure that is running. After doing this steps you have to restart your system and then check whether you are able to scan from your HP photosmart c5180 or not?