Thread: HP Photosmart C7200 series (C7280) scanner driver is not installing properly

HP Photosmart C7200 series (C7280) scanner driver is not installing properly

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 scanner at my office. I have installed the PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140 drivers in my computer which has Windows 7 64 bit operating system. But the scanner doesn’t scan any document properly, whenever I try to scan, it gives me an error regarding improper installation of drivers. I have tried re-installing the graphic drivers many times, but every time the same error is shown. Can someone tell me what the problem can be as it is stopping me from doing some important work?

Re: HP Photosmart C7200 series (C7280) scanner driver is not installing properly

This happens when you directly try to install the drivers for the scanner to its latest version by downloading it from official website of HP. The drivers available are not always meant for a single scanner, they are meant for all the scanners that come in the same series. So that is why the installed drivers for scanner must have failed to work with your HP Photosmart C7280. The best possibility of the driver that you are downloading and installing must be for the scanners in that series, that is, HP Photosmart C7200 series.
    To rectify this error, all you need to do is insert the CD that came with the pack of the scanner. First install the drivers available in the CD. This will provide the basic framework for the drivers. Whenever, you download the drivers from internet and install them, they do not create the basic framework needed to upgrade the drivers and the data in it. It just replaces the necessary files and keeps the basic framework intact. That’s why you first need to install the drivers from the CD as they are most compatible and work without any error in the working of scanner.

Re: HP Photosmart C7200 series (C7280) scanner driver is not installing properly

If still the problem persists HP’s Scan Diagnostic Utility to know the cause and type of error that your scanner is facing. Make sure you download the latest version as it will accept almost all the devices manufactured by HP. But see to it that you are not using Mac as this software isn’t available for Mac OS.