Thread: Dell 1815dn printer’s sheet feeder jams constantly

Dell 1815dn printer’s sheet feeder jams constantly

I hope you all have read the title properly so that’s the problem I am having with my printer? Whenever I am scanning or faxing with this printer the sheet feeder jams constantly. Though it does not happen regularly but it ensures that it happens every single day at least one. There is no particular pattern by which it will get jammed up. Sometimes it gets jammed up when I am just putting the page in for printing and sometimes when it is just about to roll out the last page. So there is no particular time by which we can decide when the printer will get jammed up.

So what do you all think what could be the problem over here? I am yet to have a talk with the Dell technical support team about the problem. Before doing that I thought its better to take some opinions from you all guys.

Re: Dell 1815dn printer’s sheet feeder jams constantly

I got some help for you. what you need to do is pull out the paper tray and have a glance towards the rubber pad. That’s what is called as the Separator Pad. Look out for the metal strip at the top edge of the pad. Just check if some damage is done or not on the metal strip.

If it is then unplug the power cord of your printer. Roll out the paper tray completely. With a mixture of warm water and a soap solution you should clean up the rubber tire surfaces. Allow it to dry for sometime and then once it is completely dried up then put up the paper back in and on the printer. See if this time it gets stuck up or not. I am sure the paper jamming issue would be solved with that.

Do you know anything about the sensor flag if not then you can check it out yourself what you should do is open the ADF lid look to the left of the ADF feed rollers you will find the sensor flag out there. A small piece of plastic flag like thing will also be out there besides it. now each time if you press the flag downwards then you should hear a beep sound coming from the machine. Once the beep sound is heard the flag should come up in the original position. So if the flag is permanently down or if it is missing in the printer then it will give you problems like the one that you are facing right now. So do have a check about the sensor flag in your printer in case if it is missing then showing it to the Dell service center seems to be a better option for me. because there is no way by which I can do anything about it.

It looks to me as if there is some problem with the paper motion. You should lift the rollers a little bit such that the paper goes comfortably into the feeder and comes out easily.

However the above guy rightly mentioned about the sensor flag. If that flag does not come up to the default position then the feeder will think that there's some paper still in the printer and it will continue to feed again. Which is what exactly is happening with you I suppose. So do try the above method first which I have suggested you. If that does not works then checking out for the sensor flags looks important to me.