Thread: How to setup HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion

How to setup HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion

I was previously using windows xp and just to try out apple’s product made an installation of fresh Mac OS X Lion but I think I have messed with installing HP Deskjet printer. I am now with Mac Book Pro and when I make an installation I get "unsupported operating system", I am with version 10.7 and there were also messages such as it only supports Mac OS X version 10.6 and later , so what it is not taking the installation. So what could be the reason why I am not able to set HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion. So can you guys here can help me to solve this one.

Re: How to setup HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion

If you are using lion OS , let me tell you that the current software packages don’t support this OS. But you can try the following points. You first of all need to plug the printer to your pc by means of USB and then you need to move in Print and Scan under System Preferences. Then add your printer and all will be working as there would be some common basic features appearing such as Print, Scan and Fax. You need to then check for an updated driver and for this you will require to run ASU also see to it that you have installed any HP update or not. Hope this helps.

Guys main disadvantage using a USB connection, is that you will not be able to access the Embedded WebPage and so you can try with wireless connectivity as of now is by making use of the dedicated WPS button . Many guys here should be having queried regarding connecting printer wirelessly and so , I have just added some information which would provide beneficial. So all those guys who are interested in connecting their printer wirelessly need to follow these steps. So you need to move in System Preferences and then Print & Scan. Select the listed printer and Print Queue >> Printer Setup and you will be having an button to Show the printer webpage, and you then need to access the Printer web page. If you don’t find any web page link available, search it under utility. You can also set your printer to connect wirelessly using WPS. But you can only use the WPS characteristic if your router supports it and if you have the WPS button.

So this post is for those guys who are not able to scan after they are connected so , I just need to tell you guys that you need to try checking for software updates as I made a connection wirelessly using the WPA push button without using the USB cables. And after the printer gave me the IP address I made following procedures and used the IP set-up process on the system preference within OS Lion.