Thread: Officejet 6500 E709n "fatal error during installation" error on windows 7

Officejet 6500 E709n "fatal error during installation" error on windows 7

In my computer I have recently upgrade operating system from windows Vista to windows 7. After installing windows 7 operating system I have installed all the drivers such as graphic card drivers, audio drivers, web cam drivers but while installing printer I am getting error saying "fatal error during installation". I don’t know what is wrong with. I have also tried to install printer after turning off the antivirus program in my computer but that does not make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Officejet 6500 E709n "fatal error during installation" error on windows 7

While installing printer software and drivers do you get any error code for eg. Error code 1706, 17141, 1618? If yes then let me know the error code. You have to also visit official site of HP and select your product and then click on download driver’s option. After that you have to select your operating system which is windows 7 and then download the drivers and try to install it. May be with this solution you can solve this problem.

While installation in I am getting error code 1606. I have downloaded drivers for windows 7 from the official site of the HP but when I tried to install it at that time I get same error. If anyone have faced same problem while installing Officejet 6500 E709n and have solution for it then please help me with it. Thank you in advance,

As far as I know error code 1606 takes place because of the incorrect registry setting. You should open start menu and then you have to type regedit in the search box. Now registry editor window will appear and you need to expand “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and then click on plus sign next to “Software”. Now expand Windows from Microsoft and click on plus sign next to CurrentVersion. Now you will see Explorer and you need to expand it and then expand Shell Folders. Then you need to double click on the “Common Administrative Tools” which will find on the right side of the window. You have to type “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools” line in the Value data box and then click on OK. Now close registry editor window and then you should reboot your computer. After restarting your computer you have to check whether you are getting error or not?

Hi guys I am also getting error while installing printer drivers in my laptop. I have downloaded windows 7 supported drivers from HP official site but while installing that also I was having same problem. After referring above solution I have tried to solve this problem by changing the registry setting but that does not make any difference. Is there any other way to get rid of this problem then let me know?

You should insert printer installation CD and then open my computer. Now right click on your CD drive and click on open. Now you have to select CCC from utility folder. Now look for the L4uninstall.exe file and double click on that and you are using HP computer then you should double click on the L3uninstall.exe. After finishing the uninstalling process you have to reboot your computer. After restarting your computer you have to delete all the temporary file and then you have to visit official site of the Adobe and download latest flash player and install it. You have to also download all software’s and drivers from the official site of HP and install in your computer, this time you will not get any error.