Thread: Getting error "HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover" with Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw

Getting error "HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover" with Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw

Hello friends I have windows Vista operating system in my computer and I am using HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer with my computer. all the things were going good but suddenly it has started giving me problem. now whenever I start my computer at that time I get error message saying “HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover.”. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the HP Toolbox FX from my computer and installing it again but that does not make any difference. If anyone have any solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Getting error "HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover" with Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw

I have as solution for this problem. This problem normally occurs when your printer is reconnected after losing the connection or it can occur if IP address has changed. You have to delete all the files from the ToolboxFX setting folder and then your problem will get solved. to do this you have to perform following steps. Open my computer and then go to the C drive. Open program data folder and then go to the Hewlett-Packard. In Hewlett-Packard folder you will see ToolboxFX folder ad you have to open that. After that open settings folder and delete all the files from that folder. Once you delete all the files you have to restart your computer and printer. I hope after deleting the files from ToolboxFX setting folder your problem will get solved.

Re: Getting error "HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover" with Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw

I am also getting same error in my computer. I have windows 7 operating system when I open C drive at that time program data folder was not there. Now please let me know where I can get Toolbox setting folder so that I can resolve this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

As far as I know Program data folder is hidden. You should follow these steps to solve this problem. Open mu computer. Click on organize. From the organize menu you have to click on the folder options window. Now after that folder option window will appear and then you have to click on view tab. Under file and folder section you have to look for the Hidden files and folders and choose “Show hidden files, folders and drives”. Now click on OK. After doing that when you go to the C drive at that time you will see program data folder and then you can delete files from ToolboxFX setting folder. Once you delete the files from ToolboxFX setting folder then select view tab from open folder option and choose don’t show hidden files option under files and folders.

I really appreciate your help. I have select “Show hidden files, folders and drives” from folder option and after doing that I was able to see program data folder and I have deleted all the files from ToolboxFX setting folder and then my problem get solved. now I am not getting error at system startup.