Thread: Seagate Momentus 7200.3 ST9160411ASG and Fujitsu MHY2120BH Password locked?

Seagate Momentus 7200.3 ST9160411ASG and Fujitsu MHY2120BH Password locked?

I am facing problem with my Seagate ST9160411ASG and Fujitsu MHY2120BH hard drive. My both the hard drive was password protected and it was working fine, but now when I try to unlock the hard drive at that time it fails. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Is there any way to solve this problem then let me know?

Re: Seagate Momentus 7200.3 ST9160411ASG and Fujitsu MHY2120BH Password locked?

As far as your Seagate Momentus is concerned I will suggest you to try to unlock it MHDD tool. First of all you have to download MHDD tool from internet. MHDD tool is a test tool for low-level hard disk. It comes in the form of a diskette. It offers Accurate diagnosis-fastest of the mechanical part of the HDD, Repair bad sectors, Monitoring records ide, Opportunity to physically reduce the size of HDD (HPA function), Automatic Acoustic Management - adjusting the level of noise emanating, SMART. Error logs. SMART tests and view current attributes, complete deletion of HDD, Working with the security system of the HDD. Installation, moving the password, The glow-in HDD and HDD review in terms of extremes. Once you download the tool you have to run it in and then locate your hard drive and then you have to type : ID and press enter key. Now it will show you details of your hard drive. After that you need to type UNLOCK and then press enter key. When it ask to enter password at that time you should enter 1. After entering 1 it wil prompt for password and at that time you should type” Seagate” and after typing Seagate word you have to press space key 25 times and then press enter. After performing those steps you need to check whether ERR is red colored or not. If it is RED then it means you it does not accept the password and if it does not turn RED then it means it has accepted the password.

Now you have to type DISPWD and then presenter key. Now enter 1 and then type the password again. After entering the password your drive will get unlocked. I hope this solution will be helpful for you

I was also having similar problem with my hard drive and I have downloaded atapwd from internet. After downloading that I have created bootable floppy disk with atapwd.exe file. Now I have removed my Fujitsu hard disk and connected with my laptop. I have booted the system from floppy and run atapwd tool. Now with the help of that tool I have unlocked my hard drive. You should try this solution. If you are using Toshiba and Hitachi hard drives then you have t select “unlock with master password” option and then unlock it by deactivating the master password.

Thank you for helping me. I have tried above steps to fix this problem but after booting the system from the floppy drive when I run atapwd tool at that time when I try to unlock with user password it does not work. I don’t know which password to use. IF anyone has solution regarding this then let me know.

When you select the “unlock with user password” at that time don’t type anything just press enter and then disable the password. After doing that you will not face any problem. Similar thing happen with me also and then I have pressed enter key when it prompt for password and then I didn’t get any problem. If you still face any problem after trying this solution then let me know.

I am using Seagate hard drive and i have successfully unlocked my hard drive with the help of the Seagate firmware update tools. All you need to download firmware update tool from internet and then create the bootable disk of it and then boot the system with the help of that disk. Now it will launch the update tool and then you have update the firmware which will remove the password. I am not sure whether this solution will work in your case or not but you can try this. If this idea does not help you to solve this problem then you have to download HDD Unlock Wizard and try to unlock your hard drive with the help of it. HDD Unlock Wizard is very useful and user friendly tool which enables user to get rid of the hard drive password. It can remove master and user password from the IDE and SATA drive.

I will also suggest you to download MHDD tool and then your problem get solved. You can also try PC-3000 for Windows UDMA to solve this problem. PC-3000 for Windows UDMA has feature called Factory mode utilities which lets you to view and remove user password and master password. for the Ide Type you have to use ace NB 2.5" adepter and for SATA type you need to ace SATA Unlock com plug.