Thread: Blue light flashing on Lacie 2big Network 2

Blue light flashing on Lacie 2big Network 2

I have been using Lacie 2big Network 2 and I have recently ran v7 of the firmware creation script so as to get better functionality but then I don’t k now what went wrong and now it has resulted into something because of which the drive is just flashing blue on the front LED, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it an can help me out as well??? I really need to solve it out somehow, so any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Blue light flashing on Lacie 2big Network 2

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you have tried out the below troubleshooting methods?
    1. Power off the system for 10 minutes and then turn it on again.
    2. Try out the Power cycle
    3. Try out a factory reset
    4. Try out using recovery mode with v2.0.6

If you have not tried out these things then just try it out and then let me know what response you are getting for them, other than this also let me know the solution that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same. Just check out the above things and then post back the result that you get for further help.

In that case I will answer you in the same way:
    I have tried out powering off the system for 10 minutes and then turn it on again, this was the first things that I had tried but then it did not helped.
    • I have tried out the Power cycle as well but then even it was not making any difference.
    • I have now tried out the factory reset but then when it is reaching the second set of blinking lights then it is not stopping to blink.
    • I have also tried out the recovery mode with v2.0.6 but then I have found that when it is locating the drive and when it is flashing red then I don’t know why a part it is returning the below error:
      "Unable to locate and recover the LaCie network device. Please contact LaCie Technical Support"

I have not tried out any other solutions then the above so is there anything else that I can try out as the above solutions has not made any difference in my case.

Just to suggest you more solutions I just wanted to know that what was the firmware version in your case before updating it? Is there any other changes that you might have made and suspect to be the cause of the issue?? I have checked out for the blue blinking issue and have found that it is related to some service, I mean that the blue blinking occurs when some required service is not started, so just check out and see which service has not been started, other than this I also wanted to know that are you having root ssh access to your lacie? Are you able to access the lacie dashboard? Since you have mentioned that the factory reset has not made any difference in your case I just wanted to know that have you tried out connecting disks directly to the system using linux, just check out these things and try to provide me more information regarding the update process that you have carried and after which you are running in to this issue, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.

The firmware version was 2.0.6 before the update and it is not rooted, I am not able to ping it let along get on with SSH, actually I was trying to follow the restore from new drive method but then by-mistakenly I had picked the wrong drive because of which all this mess has started and as you have mentioned whether I am able to access the lacie dashboard? I just wanted to know if it is possible to get the stopped service started without having access to the lacie dashboard as the drive itself is not working?? I don’t know why but then it is appearing as if there is some kind of hardware issue as the solutions that I have tried so far are just not working out in my case, what do you think about the same, if anyone else is having any workaround for this then please share it will be very great full.

I don’t think that this is some kind of hardware issue and as far as stopping service started without having access to the lacie dashboard is concerned I will say that it will depend on the service, I mean if it is not a essential service then you can try stopping it by not starting the Same on boot and if everything goes well then you will be able to get the lacie working without the service as well and then you can try out the factory reset and then you should have your NAS working again. If you are aware of using linux then you can follow the solutions that have been mentioned in the below article:
    Installing firmware on fresh disks (2Big 2)
    Here when you will connect the disk to linux systems then you will get the disk utility, so just open the same and then delete all the partitions from the hard disk and then you ca n refer to the above article for using fdisk, just check it out and see if that is helping.