Thread: ADATA Superior SH93 500 GB is crashing every now and then, how to fix it?

ADATA Superior SH93 500 GB is crashing every now and then, how to fix it?

I am having a ADATA Superior SH93 500 GB but then it has crashed now and when I am trying to connect it then I was getting an error message saying "you need to format disk" I have tried out the Low Level Formatting but then now after that I am getting “Unallocated space” Message, I am really running out of ideas and I am not able to track out the cause of this issue I guess the crash has occurred after unsafe removal. I have also tried out running diskmgmt.msc but then it does not seems to be making any difference and I am still getting the same “Unallocated space” message again, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: ADATA Superior SH93 500 GB is crashing every now and then, how to fix it?

I just wanted to know that are you talking about the Windows "unsafe removal" message, if yes then I don’t think that it might have resulted in crash because of the same, actually the "unsafe removal" message is because of the events, I think that you should better check out the history of events, as far as the "you need to format disk" message is concerned it means that the filesystem information is unreadable / unrecognizable, since you have mentioned that you have tried out the Low Level Formatting and it was successful then you might have lost all the data?? And what did you meant by the “Unallocated space” Message ? did it occurred exactly like that or there was something else? Can you let me know the exact message that you might have got so that I can have a better idea of your case?? Actually I have not understood your case, are you just trying to fix the disk as you have lost the data in it?? Just answer me the things that I have asked for further help.

In that case I wanted to share that,I have said that the cause of the crash was unsafe removal because the crash had happened after I accidentally unplugged the usb without disconnecting the device and since then the windows is not able to recognize the drive, yes I have lost all the data after trying out Low Level Formatting and I tried it because I had a backup just a week ago so there was not much of losing something, since I have lost the data I am willing to get it working somehow so that it gets recognized by the windows again like it used to, the “Unallocated space” Message is basically "system drive is unallocated", I should have posted the same before, I had thought that there might be some bad sector so for repairing the same I had tried out low level formatting but then as I have already said it has not made any difference in my case, so is there anything else I can try out now??? I just want to get it working somehow but then I don’t know how. Please help!

Ok, I just wanted to know that have you tried running some free partition tools like Partition Wizzard Home or say Easeus Partition Master to check out if they are allowing you to do something with the drive to get it working?? If not then try out the same and then let me know if you are getting any help from them. I also wanted to know that are you able to check out the drive id, model and serial number? If yes then let me know the same as well. Other than these you can try out mounting the drive directly to the motherboard without using usb and then running some basic test to see if it is making any difference, just check out these things and then let me know if you are getting any positive response from the same.

Hey thanks for that but then I have already tried out using Paragon partition manager which does the same job that Partition Wizzard Home or say Easeus Partition Master will do but then even after trying out the same the hard drive was not getting detected by the windows, I have been looking after s solution for the same in some other forum as well and have found some more workaround for this, one has suggested me to use computer management and try out a thorough format, so I will try out the same and will try out using Partition Wizzard Home and say Easeus Partition Master and will let you know if they make any difference in my case, I hope one of these solution results in something. Thanks for your help so far.

Even I need some help regarding the same actually I have recently bought a A-DATA's SH93 hard drive and I don’t know why but then it is appearing as if it has lost all the data reference because of which when I am connecting the drive then Windows is asking me to format it, I am not willing to format the drive as I am having a lot of data in the same and it is not possible to take a back up of it as my system is full and I am not having any other resource currently to back it up, I thought the A-DATA's SH93 hard drive will be a bombproof but then I don’t think it is, I just wanted to know if there is any workaround that I can try out to get rid of that message without formatting the drive? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I think that you should better try out doing a sector by sector image of the drive which is also knows as cloning the drive to a image file, if it make any noise during that process then make sure that you are stopping the cloning process immediately, if you don’t face any issues in cloning then you can try out ` FTKImager or R-Studio data recovery trial software for checking out if they are helping you out in accessing the data on the image, if you are just having issue with the MBR then you can copy the data to some other drive when possible, I don’t think that there will be any issue with that message but then before trying out all this I want you to provide me with the below reports so I would get a better idea of the physical state of the drive and will help me in narrowing down the cause of the issue as well.
    HD Sentinel (DOS / Windows / Linux):
    HDDScan for Windows:
    See this article for SMART info:
    Just check out what I have suggested and then post back the required details for further help.