Thread: How to built a Stereoscopic 3D PC?

Exclamation How to built a Stereoscopic 3D PC?

Hi
    I want to enjoy stereoscopic 3D view in my PC. I’m planning to buy a 3D monitor. I’m going to use 3D features mainly for movies and gaming.
    But not sure how it works. I don’t have any Idea. Buying a 3D monitor is enough??
    Could anyone please help me? I’m looking for a details tutorial regarding the hardware and the process.

Re: How to built a Stereoscopic 3D PC?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblow View Post
    Hi
    I want to enjoy stereoscopic 3D view in my PC. I’m planning to buy a 3D monitor. I’m going to use 3D features mainly for movies and gaming.
    But not sure how it works. I don’t have any Idea. Buying a 3D monitor is enough??
    Could anyone please help me? I’m looking for a details tutorial regarding the hardware and the process.
    Yes you can get a 3D monitor like Samsung SyncMaster 2233BW 22 inch 3D LCD Monitor or you can check out some Nvidia 3d vision monitors, you will need to have a gpu that will support 3d vision as well as a 3d glass. with this you can enjoy stereoscopic 3D view in your system.If you want then you can play normal 3d videos in your system if your gpu supports 3d vision and use 3d glass for enjoying the 3d experience.

Thanks BpnV.
    I'm planning to buy Radeon 7970...i think it supports 3D. I have some doubts though
    1. What is the difference b/w normal 3D monitor and Nvidia 3d vision monitor?
    2. Will Nvidia 3d vision monitors be compatible with Radeon 7970?
    2. If a movie is in 2D, can the monitor run it in 3D? Do i need any third party s/w for that?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblow View Post
    Thanks BpnV.
    I'm planning to buy Radeon 7970...i think it supports 3D. I have some doubts though
    1. What is the difference b/w normal 3D monitor and Nvidia 3d vision monitor?
    2. Will Nvidia 3d vision monitors be compatible with Radeon 7970?
    2. If a movie is in 2D, can the monitor run it in 3D? Do i need any third party s/w for that?
    No the AMD Radeon HD 7970 Graphics wont be working with Nvidia 3d vision monitor as it supports nvidia card video cards only. if you are having a 2D movie then you can convert the same in to 3D by using 2d to 3d convertor and then use 3d glass for watching the same.