Thread: HP printer software updates Loop on Mac OS X

HP printer software updates Loop on Mac OS X

this is really annoying , I have the HP printer that I have connected to my iMac yesterday I just updated my HP printer driver from the official HP web site, this was the latest driver but then my PC showed up the pop up that said the HP Printer Drivers v.2.8 OS X update , so I just updated to that driver , the driver updated correctly but yet it is still showing the pop up for update the driver for the printer , I have done everything that is possible but this problem is not going , I even restarted the computer many time but still that didn’t help , I can ignore it forever but I am just not sure whether that will be a good idea. is there any bug on the on the latest driver or it just my computer. Is there any particular reason to why this is happening , maybe I have installed it incorrectly or it is no been recognized as being installed properly. Whose fault is this HP or the apple , well I am thinking this is because of the HP as it started only after I ran a driver update.. is there any one here can help me on this as I looked everywhere but not able to find solution , I will be really be glad if someone here can help me on this … thanks in advance

Re: HP printer software updates Loop on Mac OS X

Yeah that might be really very annoying , but there is a way that can solve this issue , all you have to do is , next time when its shows up on the Software Update list you just press the backspace button or there will be an option to this in one of the menu item that will be saying ignore the update , just select that and you will be good as that option will make sure that this update pop up won’t show up until the next version of update is available. As per the reason to this , well I have no idea and I suggest that even you should as well don’t waste your time to figure out the reason to that as many a time this could happen and it is not worth to find the root cause of this issue , because it always has been the policy of the Apple to keep everything secrecy .