Thread: Need Gateway 2000 G6-266 compatible flash drives

Need Gateway 2000 G6-266 compatible flash drives

I want to take out data from my Gateway 2000 G6-266, it is having 2 USB ports but then I don’t know for what reason the system is just not reading my 2GB usb drive, I have found that the it needs correct drivers but then in my case there is no way for getting internet connection and downloading the correct drivers, so here I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has an idea of any flash drives that I can get from the market for this moment which will be compatible with Gateway 2000 ??

Re: Need Gateway 2000 G6-266 compatible flash drives

See in your case I think that you should better download the correct drivers from some other machine that might be having the internet connection and after that you can just carry the same in usb drive and then install it in to your system by connecting the same usb device to your system, if you are not able to find out the drivers for the same on the web then just let me know the operating system that you are running currently so that I can check out for the same and try to help you out with it, if it is not possible to arrange a system having internet connection then you will have to install the drivers from the CD, just check out these possible solutions and then let me know which one is helping you out.

Re: Need Gateway 2000 G6-266 compatible flash drives

If it is just about harvesting data then I think a better way will be taking out the drive from your old Gateway 2000 G6-266 and then connecting the drive to some other machine and then getting the data transferred or else you can download the drivers from the flash drive maker support website as it has been already suggested and then use the applicable method for transferring the driver to your system and then installing it, if the USB ports are not able to read your integral courier 2GB drive then you can copy the drivers on to a cd and then install the same in to your machine, it will be rare to find out a Gateway 2000 G6-266 compatible flash drives today so I think that you will have to try out one of the above solutions.