Thread: Getting to hear our own voices in Mumble with Asus Xonar DG 5.1 audio card

Getting to hear our own voices in Mumble with Asus Xonar DG 5.1 audio card

Recently I happened to buy this card for my system now I have a habit of playing a lot of online games and so that’s why I ensure that my system is updated with the latest config in the market. Now this is a strange thing that happened with me and after doing a lot of research in the internet for the same I found out that many people also had the same problem. See the thing is that I am using this particular audio card called as Asus Xonar DG 5.1 and sometimes when I am playing the game online I can hear myself when I plug in the headphones. Now I don’t understand how this can happen and the situation becomes even more bizarre when my mic opens and the music of the game can also be heard. In order o find some solution for the same I did try doing some research on my own and got to know there is no fix for such kind of issue. I do a lot of gaming on Mumble and Ventrillo and the headphones that I use for the gaming is Razer Carcharias.

I have a core i7 processor with 4GB ram, 16 gig corsair veng and asrock p67 extreme4 gen3. So what do you all think what could have been the problem over here. do you all have any solutions for the same then please share your opinions with me. I am waiting to hear it from you.

Re: Getting to hear our own voices in Mumble with Asus Xonar DG 5.1 audio card

Looks to me as some problem with the driver. I would say you should download and install the Driver Sweeper. Now once you have installed the driver sweeper then you can uninstall the Asus sound card driver and reboot it in the safe mode. Once you are in the safe mode then launch the driver sweeper program and ask the program to check the Asus and the other sound boxes. Now the program will scan on its own and whatever the fault is there in the system it will remove it. at the end of the operation it will ask for a reboot. Reboot the system and now install the latest drivers required for the audio card from the Asus website. For once check your Xonar Audio Center control panel and see if GX mode is turned off or not. that will be better. I am sure after this all your problem will be solved. Do reply to me if that works for you or not.