Thread: Idea for the Fanless PC

Idea for the Fanless PC

hi guys
    I need help on making the computer that would be literally be the Fanless PCa, well I have the following hardware that I feel would be perfect for the fanless pc

1. For the heatsink i have the
      • Noctua NH-D14 and a OCZ Vendetta 2 which was not installed

2. For the PSU Seasonic X-Series Fanless 400W

• The Seasonic X-400 Fanless Power Supply Model SS-400FL wearing the 80 + Gold certification and is therefore at 20%, 50% and 100% load efficiency of at least 87%, 90% and 87% have. In the predominantly black and gold-colored cardboard the most important information in seven languages, including German, are printed. The adapter case has been painted with a fine black textured paint. Instead of the usual fan grill to complete coverage has been provided with a honeycomb structure. This honeycomb structure is also found on all four sides. This ventilation concept, the use of a high quality line filter, DC to DC Technology LLC and provide resonant converter circuit for high efficiency. A cable management is available. The source of power still has a powerful 12V (33A) rails. A second model with 460 watt (38A on 12V) and the designation SS-460FL is also represented in the trade.
      • In addition, come a little later, the X-Series II on the market with models of 560 watt, 660, 760, 850, and 1000, and 1200 watts. They are as previously addressed by a 3-phase thermal control system (semi-passive) and have a flush mounted fan grill. This works as follows, similar to the new Corsair AX850 series, At a load to 20% the fan is not activated and therefore do not rotate. From 20% to 50%, the fan is driven so that it produces a sound pressure of a maximum of 16dB (A). About 50% load limit, the control electronics of the power supply the fan speed so that the fan at full load should not be heard.
      • Other features of the fanless series includes four silver screws, five black cable ties, four black cable ties with Velcro, a black power supply pocket, a black cable bag with two compartments, a manual in eight languages with a German chapter, and a power cord. The warranty period is five years. The power supply has a depth of 160 mm (including connectors, are flush with the casing) on.

3. For the case Cooler Master ATCS 840

ATCS 840 has Cooler Master's own division for this rather specialized market some time ago back to life and offers a high quality full aluminum tower, which is to convince next to its large space and good ventilation, especially through the use of quality materials. The technical data in a compact overview of the case:

• Material: Aluminum
      • Color: Silver or Black
      • Dimensions: 580 x 243 x 630 mm (H x W x D)
      • Weight: about 13.25 kg
      • six 5.25 "front drive bays (one with slide rails for 3.5" devices available)
      • six bays for 3.5 "hard drives
      • a 230-mm fan (700 U / min) in the front
      • a 120-mm fan (1,200 U / min) on the back
      • two 230-mm fan (700 U / min) in the lid can be exchanged for three 120 mm fans
      • Optional: two 120-mm fan behind the hard drives and a 120 mm fan in the external air duct
      • Motherboard Form Factors: ATX, Extended ATX, ATX
      • one FireWire, one eSATA, four USB and two audio ports in the lid

4. For the motherboard there are three

• GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) which Gigabyte is also preparing a micro-ATX model high performance based on the upcoming Intel chipsets Z68. Z68MX-called GA-UD2H-B3, the proposed new LGA1155 socket brand to come equipped with a 6 +1 power phase, four slots for dual channel DDR3 memory, three PCI-Express x16 slots with support for settings SLI and CrossFireX, four SATA 3Gbps SATA 6Gbps and three ports, one eSATA, Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports, one PS / 2 keyboard and mouse, integrated 8 channel audio with S / PDIF optical , and a complete set of composite video connections for port D-Sub, DVI, HDMI and a DisplayPort.
      • The GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 which has HD display via the graphics core processor Based on the Intel Q67 Express B3 revision, this motherboard has a HDMI port and a DisplayPort, using the graphics core of the second generation of Intel Core (Core i3/i5/i7 - Socket 1155) . With processors of this type, you will enjoy a high definition display, up to 1920 x 1200 (HDMI) or 2560 x 1600 (DisplayPort). The Gigabyte GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 is Intel Voltage Regulator Down (VRD 12), with an Intersil PWM controller with advanced power management between a processor and power controller. This enables an optimized signal between the CPU and PWM controller, for more stable platform.
      • GA-X79-UD3 (rev. 1.0) Based on chipset Intel X79 Express , the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 supports the latest technological innovations in the field of information technology: Intel Core i7 last generation of LGA 2011 Quad-Channel DDR3 RAM, graphics cards PCI-Express 3.0 x16, SATA 6Gb / s and USB 3.0 devices. For the assembly of a high-end configuration dedicated to video games or extreme applications, the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 designed for high performance in all areas. The best performing processors at the moment are managed optimally for an entertainment experience and an unprecedented computing power. Motherboards GIGABYTE X79 offers support for 4-channel memory for optimal management of implementation of the most resource-intensive. Motherboard compatible with PCI Express technology Gen.3 offering maximum bandwidth to optimize the 3D renderings of your graphics card.

5. For the processor /CPU
      • Intel Core i3-2105
      • Intel Core i5-2500
      • Intel Core i5-2500K
      • Intel NEW X79 LGA2011 Socket

6. For the RAM I have two option
      • Transcend Ships 8GB Dual-channel Memory Kit Perfect for 64-bit Computing, the 2400MHz dual-channel kit system performance is better by the mixture of low voltage, high clock speeds as well as lower latency. This kit consists of two identical modules, 2400MHz, timings of 9-11-9-28 at the low operating voltage of 1.65 V, and thus provide a theoretical memory bandwidth of up to 38.4 GB / s. The clock shows 2400MHz in practice in 1333 compared to standard modules, a power increase of 60 percent during the execution of applications. This allows the new Memory enthusiastic overclockers and hardcore gamers, its Intel Core i7 system to the next level to bring. Every single XMP-certified module is designed for use with Intel P55-based motherboards tested, including ASUS P7P55D Premium and ASUS P7P55D Deluxe.

• G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800 CL9D 4GBXL its affordable, high-quality memory. It served the company with all segments, the market value-to high-end memory kits everything is included in the portfolio. With the Ripjaws-X provided a favorable G.Skill 8GB of DDR3 memory kit that is sent specifically for Intel's Sandy Bridge platform may be suitable. In the following test, we'll look at the best memory kit more closely.

7. For the SSD

• Crucial M4 Serie which is based on Intel and Indilinx controllers, were at the party. In 2010, the situation was drastically changed by the arrival of new players in the market for controllers: Marvell, which powered the Crucial C300 and SandForce that is used among other things on the OCZ Vertex 2 and Force Series Corsair. Managing the SATA 6 Gbps, 8-channel controller operates and supports the TRIM command and NCQ. It works with a 256 MB chip cache memory type DDR3 Micron signed. Note that the m4 with a capacity of 64 GB only has "only" 128 MB cache. Performance-wise, it is quite far from the slap received at the output of the C300. Of course, achieved speeds of large files are a marked improvement against the latter, but the m4 is routinely exceeded by the Intel 510 Series and Vertex 3 on practice tests. Worse, the m4 is clearly worth the small files. However, our tests have shown that the application of Crucial SSD remains at its competitors.

8. For the graphic card
      • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Multiview is my choice it has the Dual-Slot-I/O-Blende two DVI outputs, a DisplayPort connector and two HDMI ports. When the clock speeds you drive slightly faster than that planned by NVIDIA, and the 336 shader units can operate with strong chip 820 MHz. The 1024 MB of GDDR5 video memory, however, works with 4008 MHz effective. Also on show was a passively cooled PCI graphics card. It relies on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 and has 512 MB DDR3 video memory. This operates at 1600 MHz and binds to a 128-bit wide interface. The GPU works at 700 MHz. 2xDVI, 2xHDMI, 1xDisplay Port

What of you people have to say about this configuration for the fanless pc I would really like to know this , so please guys if pyu ahev any liked , dislike or any suggestion please be free to comment on this I will be glad to know about this

Thanks in adjacent

Re: Idea for the Fanless PC

Well I like to suggest you the few component that might be better than that you have selected and that would be

Nofan CR-95C IcePipe 95W Fanless CPU Cooler it has no fans, certainly, so the CR-95C IcePipe in its place takes the form of a huge, extra-large heat sink. And huge is an irony. This thing measures 180mm in diameter, stands 148mm tall as well as tips the scales at 823g. It is, for short of a proper word, mahoosive( beyond being massive), and though we're sure there are more intricate method to describe it, the CR-95C is basically a great big metal joined to a series of "IcePipe" heatpipes that use natural convection to draw heat gone from the CPU. How much heat exactly? Well, the manufacturer officially supports any CPU with a TDP specification of 95 watts and under, so it is compatible with some of the latest Sandy Bridge chips from Intel along with some of AMD's most excellent Bulldozer parts. although, high-performance compute isn't precisely the idea here. The CR-95C IcePipe isn't designed with severe users in mind, and you will not need to overclock with this thing.

And the

Nesteq ASM Xzero 600W Semi-Fanless Power Supply Unit while the temperature inside the power supply rise over 65 C, in automatic fan controller is activate To regulate the fan speed (RPM) of the 120mm fan. NesteQ aims While the power factor more describes the economics of the workload, the efficiency of a fixed physical size. The efficiency (also referred to as efficiency) shows how much energy is absorbed by the output to the system. In a power supply to power losses occur in the different components, which are converted into heat. The determined percentage tells you how much depends on the input power at the computer - and therefore how much energy is lost as heat. A more efficient power supply thus has the advantage that less heat is generated and can turn the fan quieter.

Re: Idea for the Fanless PC

Well I am sorry to say that I have already started with the PSU TX950W Corsair as well as the heatsink (Noctua NH-D14) because that was available from my spare PC that was in the home, but the stuff that you have mentioned is really nice specs , will definitely going to try some day by the way I have found the Intel XEON CPU . The processor is compared mode dual processor, face dual CPU platforms to previous Intel and AMD ones. The performances are full explosion, as the price of the processor, and consumption is declining. 16 core and triple-channel DDR 3 memory support of the Xeon look like an expensive luxury, but we expect that it will become the effectively workstation hardware. Power effectiveness has become a key concern in server CPUs, and the new Xeons include a variety of CAPITOLO Intended to address this problem. In fact, the chip employs a keen microcontroller to manage power as well as thermals. Nehalem EP consist of blackberries power states (15) than Harper town (4) makes and quicker transitions among Them, with a typical switching time of under two microseconds, measure up to to four microseconds for Harpertown. Nehalem lowest power states use a power gates Associated With Each execution core, this be able to cut voltage to the gate to an inactive core Entirely, get rid of leakage power plus even taking ITS power consumption to nearly zero.

I have found the material for reduce sound and

1. Intel Xeon Processor E3-1245 (8M Cache, 3.30 GHz)
    2. Intel Xeon Processor E3-1225 (6M Cache, 3.10 GHz)
    3. Intel Xeon Processor E3-1275 (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

Well the processor has the 32nm and use Sockets 1155 will it be better Also I have found the material that reduce sound and vibration on the side panel that is Dynamat Xtreme Wedge Pak , it is not thick as the Acoustic Wedge Tiles but I guess that it will be perfectly ok while working . what do you guys feels about this i will be glad to know that if come one here can comment on this .... thanks