Thread: CPU cabinet with lots of space and good cooling

CPU cabinet with lots of space and good cooling

I am using a computer with Intel Core i7 processor along with an 8 GB RAM of Corsair. Other parts that I am using are a 1 TB Seagate hard disk and an Asus GeForce GT 520 graphic card. The CPU cabinet that I am currently using is Zebronics Bijli. From looks of it, it seems that it will provide an excellent cooling but it does not. Also the space that is providing inside it to attach the peripherals is very low. After attaching the mentioned peripherals and some other peripherals like DVD writer, cooling fans, PSU and of course motherboard, the internal structure and built becomes so messy that it becomes very difficult to figure which wire goes where. If you take a look at the internal formation of wires in my CPU then it looks like a messed up spider’s web. I think that it is due to this congested adjustment, my CPU is overheating. The hot air must not be getting way to escape or the cool air released by the cooling fans mustn’t be reaching the heated parts. I am thinking of buying a new cabinet and shifting all the parts in the new cabinet. Can some suggest me some CPU cabinets that will provide a good airflow and cooling along with a good amount of space for attaching the peripherals?

Re: CPU cabinet with lots of space and good cooling

I am using a Cooler Master 690 II Advanced at my home and it provides a good cooling and also has a lot of space inside. At present I am not using any high end hardware, but I have enough space left to add more cooling fans and heatsinks to the inside of my CPU. With its design meant for accommodation of modern hardware, it provides a good development in its built which has made it one of the most selling CPU cabinets. The built of this cabinet is like a tall tower which provides enough space for three graphic cards together. The internal structure is designed to have high end CPU cooling fans in strategic positions which will provide good cooling inside the cabinet. Facilities have also been made to accommodate the liquid based coolers. It has notches available to attach the pipes properly to the sides of the wall of cabinet to provide better flow of cooling agent throughout the cabinet. It also has facility to have 1.8" and 2.5" drive adapters. The body of this cabinet is built using a complex mesh which is very useful in having a decent airflow. Also it has place to attach ten cooling fans. Maintaining the hardware in it will become easier due to tool-free drive bays and the way you can manage the cables in it. As you have mentioned that CPU cabinet that you are currently using has less space to adjust the wires and the cables of the peripherals in the system, this cabinet has oversized front and back side which provides enough space to adjust the excess wires. Also the oversized front and back part of body provides good ventilation. The complex mesh that I previously mentioned has a feature to keep the internal of cabinet dust-free. To give it a fancy look, blue LEDs are used on the body at various points. For placing the main control system of water cooling system, Rear retaining holes are provided in the cabinet. The ten places for cooling fans which I mentioned has five such slots that you can use 140 mm fans in it. This cabinet comes in two models, one has a side window and another one doesn’t have it. The side window acts as an alternative to open side panel. Many times, a heavy task like rendering of 3D object or working on high resolution video generates a lot of heat from the graphic card. Many people prefer keeping the side panel open. Instead of having the side panel open and exposing the internal to dust, you can just keep open the side window. It is big enough to let all the hot air flow out of cabinet.

I suggest you to get a Carbide 500R CPU cabinet as it is one of the best cabinet when it comes in cooling and airflow. It allows a 200 mm fan to be mounted on the side wall specially designed to provide an extra cooling for the graphic card. The best features of this CPU cabinet that I liked are multi-channel fan controller and removable and relocateable hard drive cages. This cabinet provides a voluminous space to fit the peripherals of the computers. This cabinet provides enough space for putting eight PCI-E cards of length 316 mm in this cabinet. For best cooling results using this CPU, I suggest that you use Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler and modular water-cooling systems. Asking about airflow? Then the advanced structure and mesh built combined with two or more cooling fans inside this cabinet will provide an excellent airflow. The best built I have seen made in this cabinet is with a 200 mm cooling fan on the side panel, two 120 mm cooling fans in the front and one cooling fan in the rear. The airflow this system provides doesn’t let the temperature go above 40 degree Celsius when heavy games like Just Cause 2 is being played on full resolution on it. The maximum length of graphic card that can be easily fit in this cabinet is 452 mm. The parts of the body of this cabinet are attached with thumb screws which reduce the need of screwdriver and save a good amount of time. Also it is equipped with dust filters. The black painted interiors and exteriors of this cabinet provide a handsome looking CPU.

Take a look at NZXT Phantom 410 CPU cabinet. The looks of this cabinet will impress you first and then its features. This CPU cabinet looks like it has come out of some Sci-Fi film. The main features of this cabinet are,
    • Enough space and opening to attach a 240 mm dual radiator along with water based cooling system.
    • Has facility to attach 120 mm and 240 mm cooling fans. It also has pivots useful to change the direction of the fans in required directions. It also has acrylic windows useful for viewing the inside of CPU and also works as a good airflow point.
    • It’s built comes with right mounted HDD rails and Removable HDD cage which allows a good placement functionality of the hard disk within the cabinet. This is also helpful in adjusting the space for accommodation of graphic cards according to user’s needs. Extra 25 mm empty space on each wall is provided for better adjustment of wires and cable. It is very helpful in avoiding congestion in the CPU.
    • I have seen the white colored model of this CPU cabinet and I can say that it is one of the trend setters. The size of this cabinet is very well optimized and doesn’t take much space as compared to other CPU cabinets of its level. The acrylic window is also useful to see the proper working of internal fan and other peripherals. If you are a hardcore gamer, then I say that this CPU cabinet is best for your use.

Graphite Series 600T is also a good CPU cabinet which will suit your needs. It is a mid-tower type of model which has a sleek and steamlined body which provides full functionality like a full-tower model. The best feature according to me about this CPU cabinet is that it has enough space to have six hard disks inside it. Also the internal structure is built to adjust SSDs in it. It provides a good cabling design which does not cluster the connectors and wire inside the cabinet. Also to give it a stylish looks, it comes with inbuilt cooling fans which have white colored LEDs on it. It is categorized as one of the best CPU cabinet when it comes to gaming. Equipped with in-built two 240 mm cooling fans, it provides enough space for having eight PCI-E cards and four graphic cards at a time. It is one such cabinet that can accommodate almost all type of hardware available in present market. This cabinet is built with keeping the future of hardware in mind. One can accommodate the longest graphic card available in market in it.

The back side of this cabinet provides an extra space to adjust the cables to give the interior an uncluttered and clean look. The motherboard tray is designed such that it has many holes cut in it. These holes allow clean flow of cables and wires without making them accumulate in the front part of the motherboard. To enhance this cabling, rubber grommets are also provided. Inbuilt fans that come with this cabinet have feature of adjusting them to cooling preference or quiet preference. This CPU cabinet provides high performance along with efficient build structure of the computer.

I use a Vengeance C70 mid-tower PC cabinet at my home for gaming. This cabinet has its body made completely made of steel. It is made with intention of making it survive maximum wear and tear. Though heavy, its structure provides good options to handle it. This CPU cabinet is meant for gaming and other industrial purposes which require heavy consumption of hardware which generates a huge amount of heat. In many factories and warehouses, the ambient temperature is very high. This CPU cabinet is built to be used in such environments with facilities to provide good cooling and airflow in the system. Also in such conditions, many times, the CPU might experience shocks or pushes. Thus Steel is used for its body. It comes with facilities to have radiator of size 240 mm. It also has facilities to have liquid cooling system in your CPU. The positions of hard disk cages can be changed according to your need and that space can be used to fit other parts like cooling fans and radiators instead of it. This CPU cabinet is more like a safe guarded armory which has enough slots to fit eight SSDs. Due to quick release latches and thumbscrews one can secure the graphic cards and hard disks without any fear of them getting displaced or moved due to being pushed. Clamps are provided in the cabinet to tie the bunch of wires in the cabinet and reduce them from being scattered over places and give a unkempt look to your cabinet.