Thread: Logitech Alert Camera has worst motion detection software

Logitech Alert Camera has worst motion detection software

There are 5 Logitech Alert Cameras installed at my place and all of them are working great with no problem. The whole set up is great, video quality is up to the mark also the iPhone app if quite well, but the only thing I hate the most is the motion detection software. I must say that the motion detection software is too worst especially when its been used in outdoor cameras. I am sure your people must have faced the same low quality experience with the motion detection software. Is there anyone who has tried this outdoor at the Logitech with shadows or something like that? I am supposed to set the sensitivity to below 10% on almost all the cameras. There are few of the events that are missed by me but the tons of extra emails and clip recordings are simply cut off but not completely eliminated. Even now I get a continuous recording from those shadows moving through the small pictures about 20 ft away. What I did was tried making small boxes on the detection page but even now I find things that are outside the boxes being triggered as a recording, seems like the custom boxes are not being working. Additionally let me add that all the things are updated perfectly with the latest firmware. I have an e-mail alert that changes to 5 seconds of motion and then send email for every 6 to 7 minutes, but then too I receive number of useless and senseless clips and emails. I would believe that whoever developing this portion in the software and work around in order to get something new. I was forced to purchase some low priced Panasonic netcams for the motion detection email notification that actually works nice and perfectly on the motion triggering emails but somehow misses good picture quality.

Re: Logitech Alert Camera has worst motion detection software

Yeah I do agree with the original your post regarding the motion detection, sensitivity and alerts. I have recently installed a new camera; the problem with that camera is that it records the events that are completely outside the range of the detection zones that I have set up. Into the settings the sensitivity is all the way set to 5 but still the camera records the sunlight changing, winds moving bushes outside the detection zones, everything it captures are beyond the detection zone. I am very much frustrated and really wanting to get it back to the place from where I purchased it. There is no doubt that the picture quality and the sound quality is superb also with respect to the installation the system was very much easy to install. The on board micro SD recording feature is also very much lovable of the camera but just because of those minor issue the whole camera is being blamed. The personally believe that the developers do need to address the complete email system.

For some R&D purpose I set up the alerts and made my friend to walk through the detection zone and guess what? Everything was detected as they should be but I literally didn’t get any alerts. But don’t know how but the very next day of the research I started getting alerts automatically, in fact I got some 6 to 7 alerts. Then again I made him on checking out the landscape and this was a detection from which I was very much happy as I received it as the best captured and alert. I just wanted to say that from overall research I can simply say that not completely but yeah somewhere I am very much happy with my purchase of this alert camera. If compared to other system its relatively quite expensive and therefore just because of this reason I would not really appreciate its working the way it should have been. However I was lucky enough to get this product at discount, I paid only $308 for the Alert 750e master system. The software truly has the best potential but somewhere it needs a software tweak in order to make it the best system, I am surely looking forward for the next update of this software. Hoping for the best in future.

I really wanted to add few cents for about being able to set the length of the recording after the detection. Once if the bug of this software with the detection is removed it would be really great for me to be able to say the camera to record, like 10 to 50 seconds after it detects the moments. I personally take it as the major requirement for myself. Also if possible I would like to have an option in order to put the time stamp on the playback recording. Regarding the update, I am really looking forward for this update. With the current software update I do really like the quality but very much frustrated with the fake alerts and zones. About the product I must say that its always best with the Beta, its better if it is not published as a security device at this moment of time, very much unreliable for that zone. i remember someone telling me that the motion zones are sometimes do appear slightly larger than what it looks.