Thread: Logitech speaker system z623 emitting clicking sound

Logitech speaker system z623 emitting clicking sound

I have a Logitech speaker system z623 attached to my computer. Last night I connected my computer to projector on which we watched a movie. For watching the movie, I had moved the speakers near the screen. After finishing the movie I carefully placed the speakers back in their place. I did not strain any of the wire or disturb any plug or connector. But next morning when I started my computer and played music, the speaker started making a loud bassy clicking sound. It continued for some time and then went off. But the speakers continued to make small hissing sound in background. It sounded like static which was not loud but easily audible. First I thought that the sound drivers in my computer must have gone corrupt, so I used an iPhone and connected it to the speakers, but the clicking and hissing sound continued. The speakers are new and I haven’t even used them much. It seems like a good speaker has been damaged. I checked all the connections and connectors, nothing was wrong there. Can someone help me sort out this problem?

Re: Logitech speaker system z623 emitting clicking sound

This problem is common in Logitech speaker system z623. I am a retailer of computer peripherals and I have sold some of these speakers. Many customers complained of similar problem. Some were hearing popping noise frequently when speakers were turned. I ignored it thinking that it must be the power spikes and surges that must be generating it. But some customers also came complaining that the speakers stopped emitting sounds or suddenly the sound got lowered on their speakers. At that moment, I thought that the batch of speakers that arrived at my shop was faulty or maybe they had been damaged during transportation. On enquiring about the fault, I found that Logitech speaker system z623’s many models had this problem and Logitech are providing replacement facility for the customers who found faulty pieces. I don’t know which region you live in, but the place where I live, Logitech is providing replacement facilities. You can contact the vendor from who you purchased it or directly contact the Logitech Service Centre to find if you can get a replacement of your speakers.