Thread: Is Logitech Flight System G940 good for gaming?

Is Logitech Flight System G940 good for gaming?

Hello friends, I would like to know that Flight System G940 is really worth for playing games or not? One thing which I know is that Logitech really makes amazing products, which are of good quality and it is been supporting all system. Is there anyone who owns one of them, would be great if you people give me some opinion about it? I have owned one along with Digital Precision Gaming Headset, most of time I have heard many problems of it, such that it is having problem with incorrect calibration, I do not know about it, but also scared to use it at present after hearing problem. It was also been told that if I am able to calibrated then there will be not a single problem it, is it true? Would also like to know Force Feedback of it? If you check out videos about it then feels that it is really exciting to play games with it. So please give some opinion about it, will be helpful for me. Thank you.

Re: Is Logitech Flight System G940 good for gaming?

I owning one of Flight System G940 and also having Thrustmaster Cougar. I have done some of changes with Thrustmaster Cougar, replaced pot with cougars throttle along with Hall Effect device which I have purchased from Club pilot and using Thrustmaster RCS as the rudder pedals. I would like to tell that when I am using Cougar then it is having very light feel that also with superb centering and also getting smooth Hall Effect output. Whereas force centering dialed back G940 feels to some extent hard. If you compare centering of both then G940 is not been near to Cougars, I am comparing it with modified one, if compare with unmodified then G940 is very smoother to use it. There is one disadvantage of Thrustmaster Cougar that it is having very hard centering springs and also it is not having force feedback. If you compare G940 throttle with Cougar then there is not much difference it is mostly same. One thing which I have observed is that you will be able to get toe brakes in G940 rudder pedals where you will be not getting in Thrustmaster RCS and even RCS pedals are very much is further apart. If you wish to know difference then it is there in software, cougar is supporting party software’s where G940 is not. I have played games such as DCS Black Shark, Egosofts X3 Terran Conflict, X-Plane, and even FSX demo with G940, when playing it really like force feedback and functionality of G940. Even layout of buttons is pretty better and controls are not too much hard to use. The eight lighted buttons on G940 throttle is really great and loves to use it. If you wanted to know about force feedback then play FSX game you might be able to know how it is. One more important thing that there is no problem regarding calibration and I have not come across it till now. It is really nice you can move ahead with and enjoy the games.

If you are using G940 then it is really great, I am using Saitek X36 for gaming. Hardware of G940 is really nice but software is not at all worth. It is not having problem with Logitech software but having problem with drivers of different games. Some of games are been working really great and you might be feeling that there is no problem with gamepad. Such that if you play FSX along with FS Force then it will be working very smoothly, but when you try out with some other then you will be getting difference and also you will finding problems. Actually there are problem with it and that also plenty of them which you will be able to experience when you will be playing games, not FSX try some other one. I am also not saying that you have selected wrong pad but if you are expecting to have high-end caliber from a lower end product then you will be not getting it, if you wish to have those then should get one of those and also you will get a huge difference also.

I am playing flight simulators games from past many years and also owning G940, I really not like the system at all, it is been disappointing to me. If you check out stick then it is really excellent, you will be getting problem with wheel precision, mini-stick calibration, and profiling software to some number of controls on G940's functionality which is totally making very much frustrating over the owners who have owned them. But I was able to solve some of profiler's shortfalls just by editing XML files, such that making false executables for each game and presently using it on SDK demos so that I can force to reduce spring force for a non-FFB flight sim. You might be thinking that what I have done but I know that what I have done and problem which I am getting is not failure on my part to comprehend the software or there is need to have proper calibration. I would suggest that you better wait for G940 software so that it can solve the problems or bugs which are there in it.

I must say that my appreciation for the G940 is increasing day by day, as the text and use the different settings. For example, is much, much easier to trim the plane with 3 wheels based on the G940 using the 2 nuts on the throttle of the X-52 Pro. And I'm also very happy to have a new joystick "hard". Instead of yielding / light as the Saitek, even if the latter, with its double Mollona, had the same (low) resistance in all directions, unlike the G940 where diagonally plus the resistance of the two motors on axes x and y, but on systems Force Feedback there is no solution to this drawback, so. Among the "V" had reported that the FF seamed inferior to that of Microsoft, but with tweaking the settings seem to be finally able to get a return of strength rather than sodifacente. In practice, it seems that the parameter "shock" set as the effects are reduced, resulting in fact their "quality", which had initially considered suboptimal. In fact, the default "shock" is set on 80% I think, or maybe it's 100%, but still too high to make the movements of the FF is too slow, smooth, in my opinion: it is a little 'how to think about moving the stick while it is immersed in water or oil, and in fact this is the description given of it in the help Logitech.

Instead, by setting "shock" to 0, the FF becomes much more responsive and crisp, and it seems entirely equivalent to that of SW2, which I do not think it had an option "down" but only the ability to adjust the intensity force (or, just always used with no damping). So, I was a bit 'too hasty in dismissing the FF of the G940, but still a bit' disturbing the movement of the stick "to micro-shots", but I still like the SW2, even if become a habit. More "V" which should be removed which is related to the mini-joystick (the top hat-switch, the stick), which, unlike what I had written, is fully programmable as all other hat-switch: the difference is that normally the movement of the hat-switch is equivalent to the pressure of a button (hat-switch 8-way buttons = 8), Whereas this mini-joy is seen as a real stick 2-axis. In practice, such as the X-52 mini-mouse, with the difference that this does not work as a mouse (or I have not figured out how to) But it is easier to use (the other must always be "wrong") and can be set as a normal hat-switch with 4-way, 2 commands by assigning to each axle, one for each direction of movement.

I would say that all games are not as real simulator such as FSX, it is most popular and it was best till now from where were able to get it from market. I think that G940 is mainly designed for this one. There are many other games which will be coming so there might be possibly to hear something from Microsoft use Logitech joystick to test the game. I am using G940 and it is been working perfectly with FSX. Let me tell you that I have spend plenty of money on it and I thing that it is really worth and there is nothing better in market at present. If you really wanted to have actual experience then I would suggest that you go for real cockpit with instruments which are worth of 10000 euro. It is very much huge and need to have plenty of space for it.

Logitech Flight System G940 'debut at the Logitech Flight Simulation game controller. 'Force feedback' feature just as flying a plane equipped with realistic physical control and vibration, speed, resistance would still be able to experience features. Military, commercial aircraft and helicopter design and fitted with control devices similar to the real revelation adds to the realism. The force-feedback joystick and G940 Dual Throttle, rudder pedals with three components was achieved. Force feedback technology, the jittering of the aircraft from the joystick air resistance, turbulence, movements, inertia, and as it passed me flying the actual aircraft that allows you to enjoy the feeling. In addition, aircraft, delicate and precise control and a programmable two-stage metal trigger, six buttons, mini sticks, 8-way hat switch, of, life-like, such as analog trim controls was equipped with various control devices. Panel made of a soft surface and wrist strap provides a comfortable and stable grip, leaning slightly forward joystick designed a long time without any strain on the wrist can be used.

G940 is a multi-engine aircraft can fly faster and more easily separated by a dual throttle adopted. Like a real cockpit aircraft systems status lamp lights up red, yellow, green, turns off, so that you can glance is designed to be frequently used functions and commands, users can store more than 250 direct button options. The main button on the joystick with a HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) design without removing your hands from the control panel to operate aircraft systems helps. The pedal that comes with the latest fighter jet in the design of four bar mechanism chakandoen pedal, steer and tow brake consisting of a device designed to open the frame is characterized. Depending on the user's personal flying style pedal-force resistance can be adjusted using the knob, the pedal of a violent game and Hill Rest carpet grip to prevent slipping, etc. to provide geochiyong stand. Joystick cable to connect the control panel and the rear pedal is plugged into a PC USB port. Game violent motion controller to prevent slipping or moving each of the three components geochiyong is carrying a stand. G940 Logitech Microsoft is best for 'Flight Simulator X', 'IL-2 Stew Le mobik 1946', 'lock on modern air comeback X-Plane 9' and distributors in the market most of the game is compatible with PC flight simulation.