Thread: Camera's are not getting detected after updating Logitech Alert Commander Software

Camera's are not getting detected after updating Logitech Alert Commander Software

I have just updated the Logitech Alert Commander Software to the recent one and since then the problem that I am facing is that the cameras are not getting detected, I wanted to share they were getting recognized after update for approximately one hour and so but then I don’t know what went wrong with them later, I have tried rebooting the router along with the system but then it is not making any difference in my case, the cameras are just not getting detected and I am just running out of ideas now, I have not yet faced the same issue before even though I used to keep the Logitech Alert Commander Software up to date with the recent updates, this is the first time when I am running in to such issues, I thought that rolling back to the previous software that was 3.1.100 will help but then I have found that even it is not able to detected the cameras anymore, is there anyone who has an idea about this issue and can try to help me out with this suggestions and experience??

Re: Camera's are not getting detected after updating Logitech Alert Commander Software

I have just updated the Logitech Alert Commander Software to the recent one and since then the problem that I am facing is that the cameras are not getting detected, I wanted to share they were getting recognized after update for approximately one hour and so but then I don’t know what went wrong with them later, I have tried rebooting the router along with the system but then it is not making any difference in my case, the cameras are just not getting detected and I am just running out of ideas now, I have not yet faced the same issue before even though I used to keep the Logitech Alert Commander Software up to date with the recent updates, this is the first time when I am running in to such issues, I thought that rolling back to the previous software that was 3.1.100 will help but then I have found that even it is not able to detected the cameras anymore, is there anyone who has an idea about this issue and can try to help me out with this suggestions and experience??
    I just wanted to know that have you tried resetting your homeplug network. You have to do the same by unplugging the network bridge adapter as well as the cameras for that moment in order to make sure that the powerline network resets successfully, if you have not tried out the same then just try it out and then let me know if it is helping. If that does not help then you should check out whether you are having IP address conflict, there are possible chances where after the update and reboot of the camera the router might have provided a duplicate ip address to the camera or the camera itself might be requesting old ip address and so, if rebooting the router has not helped then you can try out paperclip the camera, which will reset the camera and will force it to request a new ip address, just check out these possible things and then let me know if they are making any difference in your case or not. Best of luck.

Re: Camera's are not getting detected after updating Logitech Alert Commander Software

I have tried resetting my homeplug network by unplugging the network bridge adapter as well as the cameras but then that does not seems to be making any difference, the camera is still not getting detected, the stability and connection after the update of the software is just worst, I am really regretting on my decision of updating the software, I had performed the powerline test previously and it was showing 10 bars when connected, by now I have tried following the power cycling for the camera, router, powerline plug, pc as well as the camera but then issue is having no effect, it seems as if the recent upgrade has rendered the connectivity and made the camera unstable, I have been running the cameras from almost a year and I never had any such issues with it, I have tried all the possible solutions that I could have including the ones that you have mentioned but then I have not yet got any luck, I will like to know if there is any other workaround that I can try out further to solve this issue?? Any further help will be highly appreciated.

I really dont think that rolling back to the old software version will be helping, I am quite sure that you are having an IP conflicts or there is something wrong going in between for while getting the IP address from the router DHCP server, if you want to try out further things then you can try to unplug the computer from router and make sure that you are turning off the wifi if you are using a laptop and then try using the physical network port while plugging the homeplug bridge directly to your pc rather than the router and then try rebooting the camera and the PC and see if it is making any difference, doing this will create a network with just the PC and cameras and if your system is able to detect the cameras there is something might be going wrong with the process of the router handling the device, the conditions may vary according to the router so it is hard to guess the cause at glance, as far as I know simply unplugging the router for quite a few times helps in resetting the router table but then as I told that it depends on the router, if you want then you can try out checking and resetting the router table manually as well, if that does not help as well then check out for the router update as there are possibilities of having DHCP bugs and running in to such issues. Just check out the above things and then post back the result that you get, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well.

I have followed your instruction and had plugged the homeplug directly to pc and I found that the camera is getting detected but then I am getting the same signal results as pre-firmware upgrade, and now this is making me think that there is something wrong with the firmware, I have tried using 4 different routers and had set then up correctly as well but then it appeared as if the firmware is broken, I thought that the only solution here will be Downgrade, so is there anyone who can suggest me a stable firmware and the detailed instruction for the downgrade as well, I have tried using below routers by now and have got the same response:
    • D-Link Dir-655
    • Apple Airport Extreme
    • Zyxel p-2602
    • Inteno x5668b

I also wanted to know that what you meant by the Paper clip trick, I was just going through the solution and I have found that I have not yet tried it out, can you explain the same in detail??

You seem to have tried out a no of solution and I am really feeling bad for you, I still think that the camera is not getting the an IP address I don’t know for what reason, I know that you have tried a reset and I will be letting you know the detailed downgrading procedure as well but then before that I just want you to try and force the upgrade again, I am saying so because that there are possibilities of it having corrupted files for the first time, as far as the paper clip reset is concerned you have to try out the below steps for the same:
    • First make sure that the Alert Commander is not running
    • After that just insert a paper clip and if you want then you can try using something similar like it in to the reset hole
    • Now just press the reset button gently and then hold the same for 10 seconds and then release it
    • When you will release the button then the camera will start the reset procedure, at this time the status LED indicator on the camera will be going through some sequence of colors and finally it will last on solid light blue, if you find the camera not to be remaining on the solid light blue then perform the first three steps once again.

The downgrading process is not that difficult, I meant that it is just like upgrading the firmware, just for upgrading when you select Update Camera and then click on the prompt and when you get the list of the cameras there you will find out a dropdown for the firmware that you might have used previously before running in to such issues so just select anyone of them, and then perform the test and see if that is helping, you can check out different previous version of the firmware from the list as well, just check it out and then let me know which possible solution is helping you out.

I have tried downgrading to the 3.1.154 and the camera were getting detected after flashing and rebooting I Re-Upgraded to the 3.1.22 version and then things were working fine, I thought that that firmware was corrupted for the first time, but then later still found it to be getting unstable, I have been trying out hard reset on camera for a number of times but then it is still ending up on yellow (standalone mode). Since my network is relatively large for a home network and it has been running in to clockwork because of which I am not able to connect it bypassing the router and I am not able to downgrade the firmware as well, so is there anything that I can try out now to get rid of this issue, I am just getting irritated of the same.

I don’t know why these solutions is not working out for you, now it is making me think that there is some kind of hardware issue with the homeplug adapters, in that case I just wanted to know that how many cameras you are having?? If you are having multiple cameras then you can try to use the power supply as either a bridge unit, if you are having issues with one camera then you can try using an alternate power supply to see if it is making any difference, if in your case you are having the one camera call support then there are chances that your Homeplug Bridge might be going bad, so just try using an outdoor power supply as an substitute for an indoor, the Outdoor and indoor power supplies are capable of acting as a bridge unit for the troubleshooting purpose. As far as I am aware the Bridge units are not capable of providing power to a camera, just try what I have suggested and see if that is making any difference.

In that case I am just having one camera and other than this I am also having other devolo "homeplugs" so I just wanted to know that can I use those as a substitute for the logitech homeplug? I also wanted to know that does the Logitech Alert Commander updates the Devolo Home Plug or what?? I am asking so because when I Devolo Home Plug it had prompted me to update the same but then I have not yet tried out that as I don’t have much idea about the same and don’t want to run in to any further issues, I have once again tried out resetting everything but then the cycles are still throwing up the bootup in to yellow standalone mode. I just want to solve this issue somehow and as soon as possible. Please help!!

Seems you have now narrowed down the issue, I mean your case is now making me think that there is something wrong either with the camera or the camera power supply, so the last thing that I can suggest you here is bringing the camera power supply as well as the power supply into the room with the bridge, this will help you out in eliminating the possible interference that might be getting caused by the electrical wires, so just perform the same and see if the camera is getting detected properly or not, if that does not help then I don’t think that there is any other solution left for you and you should better contact the call support and RMA the camera. You can also try using a POE switch for powering the camera as you yourself have mentioned that you are having a sophisticated network. Just see which possible solution is suiting your case.

Hi- I know this is an old thread but I found it after 2 of my 4 cameras were stuck in stand-alone mode. I tried the rebooting, unplugging, resetting, and reformatting and then replacing the microSD card to no avail. Today I finally had the time to really work on what the problem might be. I started with a camera set up that worked- camera, power supply cable and power supply. I switched out each piece with the two cameras that weren't working. It turned out to be the power supply cable for both cameras! Nothing wrong with the cameras - both still worked fine after firmware update too. Both power supplies and microSD cards (but they are reformatted now anyway) are fine. Now to find replacement power supply cables. Hoping Best Buy or Radio Shack. Thank God it wasn't the camera itself, as they seem to either be discontinued or out of stock. Hope they aren't gone completely just in case!

Hi laurastreng,

What is the make and model of the camera that you have which is having this power supply problem? You can even check on some online stores like ebay or amazon to get the same model power supply that is used in your camera.

Hi laurastreng,

What is the make and model of the camera that you have which is having this power supply problem? You can even check on some online stores like ebay or amazon to get the same model power supply that is used in your camera.