Thread: OCZ Agility 3 ssd with blue screen and freezes

OCZ Agility 3 ssd with blue screen and freezes

so guys as I could not find any solutions regarding this mentioned title , I am hoping so it will be brought to your concern and I suppose you provide some definite solutions in this case , so to start with , I bought the Agility 3 SSD 60 Gb with a Western Digital and on the SSD I made an installation of the SO along with the on WD Hard drive I store all my files. But it came to my notice that there were blue screen appearing after this action. After this , I just tried with resetting , but it doesn't recognize the SSD along with I have to switch off the pc, and then wait for some time and then re-switch it on. later some interval it came to my notice that the SSD is also very slow in addition to causes freezing. So can you provide solutions which will help in my case.

Re: OCZ Agility 3 ssd with blue screen and freezes

I have come across this solution but , in most cases , it has seen that if the ssd turns to be bad the common issues which are concerned in your case arise. So you need to think over the ssd which you have brought as there is a high probability that the issue is due to the bad working of ssd. In addition, I will also suggest you to make use of only use the rst version which is available from your motherboards download page.in addition, you can also update to the most recent bios/load defaults/hard clear/setting back to ahci. The make an replacement of the sata cable by means of a tight fitting one with no tight bends,twists or else kinks. By making use of either the ocz utility or else toolbox you need to update the firmware. You can also set w7 power alternatives to high performance then in advanced set hdd to never power down.

I was also having similar issues in this case but in my case, I have a solid 3 drive with an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Mobo and the issues are even worse in my case . first I thought of making some changes as I have also heard on other forums that the issue persists due to the bad working of ssd. But I have made some attempts in this case to solve this , but it was not solving yet. At first I thought it was something else but seeing this post made me think in a different way. I'm not certain , to go about to fix the blue screens as I have seen so many probable answers but I'm not sure what the finest option is. But later I found that making an update of the ssd firmware in addition to mobo bios will solve my issue and I exactly did the same. So I suppose this should be also the similar case which you might be concerning. You can also make similar attempts in this case and hope it will help you.

According to me, I suppose that the solutions are valid as well as proven to labor across many systems so far. If your problems carry on then you require to search on this topic in deep looking regarding the hardware related issues with these particular platforms? You have a alternate way in this case as you can try with performing some RMA for the drive. If you still have problems after the RMA , you clearly didn't dig deep enough into the possible hardware associated issues that are most probable to be the cause there.

Many have come here at first swearing that it's completely the SSD at fault. But later we discovered that the issue lie somewhere else completely in the end. Not all is what it appears occasionally as well as we have seen suppositions being made many times here as well as around other forums turn out to be totally wrong. So I would like to tell in addition that the faster speeds of this controller which pushes the system over the edge as it gets taxed that much harder than usually seen with slower SSD/HDD.

So guys can you assist me as I am having exact similar issues and I have tried with various solutions mentioned earlier and everything is updated and the Motherboard is set to factory settings. But in my case there are no blue screens but it tends to appear that it freezes every half an hour and for about some couple of seconds.I as well have done the whole thing that you guys said above, and more from other threads. And I have found that having an modern board with an updated bios revision, along with an replacement of ssd should make a difference , but it was not working. So guys can you please provide with different solution to solve this issues.

My problem is similar to that described in this thread, only until it was blue screen.The disc hangs from time to time for 60 seconds, then runs about 10 seconds and then hangs for 60 seconds, and so can be repeated 1-5 times continuously.What is the problem with the SSD, I doubt no longer exists, the next question. I like this drive to the store for refund or be sent directly to the manufacturer? This issue has been observed in my friends system alos as he has random system lockup. He although has brand new built system: asus p8z68-v lx, i5, 8gb ddr 3, agility 3 as os only drive. He made some checks with the system with a hard drive,but there were no lockups. most recent firmware on the ssd as well as bios up to date, made some attempts with all the "fixes" which dont fix anything . he in addition made a clean installation on ahci after wiping ssd in the linux program with no "prepping" the drives and it has comne into notice that it is clearly incompatible with these chipsets and no amount of screwing regarding this issue is fixing it. He is tired of re-installing windows currently so what could be the major issue which is concerning in both the cases.

Hey, I was also having same issues and i get random freezes with my solid 3, not so many blue screens these days while, in the beginning i considered it was just since my system is somewhat older but reading posts on this forum makes me consider its a trouble with the drive itself which kind of annoys me for the reason that I will need to buy a ssd and it will make my existing system. it’s totally annoying and like most of the posts in this thread I have tried just about everything that has been stated on the forum to get rid of the matter but there was no working in my case. But later I realized that it is very possible a modded bios with a newer raid orom will let the ssd to function.and after that it was working well and there were no issues in my case.

It has been found from the sources that the new sandforce ssds are the best ever along with everyone wants the fastest right. But the disadvantage in this is that the drive usually require modern hardware that is well supported with bios updates to function appropriately. if you are able to make an exchange of the drive for an octane they are much more well-matched. As it also came into my notice that after flashing my bios there were no logs on screen so without doubt had to go back to my 2009 bios.