Thread: My system got ruined with OCZ Synapse

My system got ruined with OCZ Synapse

As already stated in the title this OCZ synapse has really irritated me a lot. what actually happened was that my system already had 4 Western Digital Velociraptors in RAID 0 with 2x150 in RAID0 as system and 2x300 in RAID 0 for data and trust me I was very much happy with the performance of the HDD. But then don’t know what in this world made me to buy this OCZ synapse; I simply decided to try this SSD. I already knew that SSDs have never been reliable until now and therefore I never went on for buying them. But now I felt that at least till date most of the related issue must been sorted out so therefore ultimately bought it as currently I was having enough money to afford one. Now I realized that my motherboard i.e. ASUS P7P55D EVO do not have any SATA3 port so therefore I was willing to try this SSD performance on SATA2 first and then go for other one. So using one of the free SATA2 ports drives by intel chipset I continued but now after testing the system using an ATTO Disk Benchmark with this SSD I found that the results were too poor and not happening. The numbers were too low with synapse as a pure drive and without Dataplex caching software installed. Anyways I have now installed Dataplex software without facing any problem but now unfortunately I am unable to find the benchmark result for system drive with cache enabled. Anyone who had the same bitter experience with OCZ synapse?

Re: My system got ruined with OCZ Synapse

There is no doubt that whatever you said regarding Synapse is a bitter fact. Whatever you have experience is completely not acceptable no matter whether it has been caused by the faulty synapse or not. No one can make out the real cause of such poor performance and result but surely synapse is the main suspect over here. But there are some positive signs from the developers, hope they are true. Heard that the designer are very much busy with fixing the Dataplex from the scratch, they says that if there’s any case of your SSD getting stolen then the person who have is never going to have any access to your dataplex activation code. I have 2 of the system at my place that are running with Dataplex and AMD 990FX with Synapse and P67 Intel with Revo Hybrid, it says that if you just let them sit while running, nothing is going to ruin your data.

Hey I just uninstalled the Dataplex software and then removed the SSD from my motherboard SATA 2 port and then installed MSI SATA3/USB3 controller without knowing that I am inviting the problem with my own will. I made sure that the USB3 was working properly and after that I connected Synapse to SATA 3 Controller port and then to make sure that everything is going well did some test and R&Ds. Unfortunately found lot of negative things. When tried out the ATTO disk benchmark the results were horrible and quite unexpecting, in fact the HDTune which I ran was even unable to complete the test. I always crashed at some 15% to 20%. First I thought that it might be due to SATA3 controller and I kept on blaming it and also I stated trying out several different drives with different PCIe slots. Not just this I also tried out several different SATA cables and so on but nothing changed anything. Eveytime I changed something and tested with HDTune the result was that the test use to stop at the same point that I mentioned above giving some horrible performance. However then I decided to remove the PCIe SATA controller to make the best perform by synapse but always the result were poor and terrible. At least now I can make out that my SATA3 controller has nothing to do with the worst performance and I can simply blame Synapse for everything as I have found that wherever the performance was bad Synapse was the only common one involved in it, better I return this bad device and go for something else.

I have something to tell you all people. Whatever you people said and have experienced with your Synapse SDD is unfortunately very much normal and ok. Always make sure that you do not leave your system as it is if you are running Dataplex. This thing however crashes the machine as you have already experienced. I too had the same problem not once or twice but multiple numbers of times. After reading out the posts I can only make out that the Dataplex has somehow un-synced with the main drive and now its making system files going here and there. If you check out the even viewer you will surely see some of the traces over there. I would suggest you to go to badwagon in order to grab another regular SSD in place of your defected Synapse drive.